Highlighted
gpayne
Level 1: Cadet

tough max update

Purchased this phone from Telstra just over 3 months ago, why is the android version over 2 years old with no sign of update? As i'm using it for its targeted use - tradesman, I cant even use work related apps (ie cummins power) that I was able to use on my old defy 2nd gen! is there a reason I wasnt alerted to this at the telstra store? I assumed the latest model of a product should have come with the latest OS, OR AT LEAST THE PRECEDING ONE! Left me wondering if I would have been better off purchasing unlocked cheepie off ebay - at least they are more up to date. Now I'm sure I'm not the only person with this issue, when can I expect any sort of update to the android version? 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: tough max update

The Cummins Power App only requires Android 4.4, and the Telstra Tough Max has Android 5.0, so it must be another reason why it is incompatible.

I would suggest getting in contact with Cummins (http://www.cummins.com.au/contact-us/ ) and seeing if they have a solution. Note: the app hasn't been updated in 3 years, so that could be part of the problem. The phone may actually be too new for the app.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more