CrowdSupport®
AdamHislop
Level 2: Rookie

Airplay not working with Box Office app

Hello Telstra, I am just wondering if playing a movie from an iPhone or iPad Telstra Box Office app to a AppleTV is no longer supported? We have previously used the Box Office app to airplay the movie to our AppleTV box. For over a month now when we press the airplay icon in the app it will try and send it to the AppleTV but then TV goes blank and nothing plays via AppleTV. The movie will play fine locally on the Apple smart device but not through the AppleTV using airplay any more. Has something changed? Also if I want to purchase a Smart TV that supports Box Office where can I get a list of supported models? Thank you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Airplay not working with Box Office app

HI @AdamHislop

Thanks for reaching out.

Can I ask if it was just the Apple TV unit in the home or do you also have a Telstra TV device?

Please let me know so I can best assist further with the second part of your box office question.

- Stef 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

AdamHislop
Level 2: Rookie

Hello @Stef_3,

We do not have a Telstra TV unit.  We still run an old T-Box at our home.  As the T-Box no longer runs Telstra Box Office as an application we need to download movies using the web browser on our iPad or iPhone.  Then if I want to play the movie on my TV I have in the past used the Box Office application on the Apple iPad or iPhone to Airplay the movie to my Apple TV box.  

The airplay feature has worked previously via the Box Office application but it seems to have stopped working.  I was wondering if the airplay feature is no longer supported?  Does the Box Office application on iOS need a bug fix?

Adam

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to us,

I would then in this instance recommend speaking direct with our Telstra TV Box Office Technical Support by calling 1800502502.

Once connected they can access your account and provide further support.

Please let us know how you get on and what the outcome was.

- Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now