CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond movie will not play

Just got changed over to the new Bigpond movies. Have been given a free voucher. Have chosen a movie as I always have on bigpond movies, have received an email saying I purchased it but every time I press 'Watch HD' it loads and just keeps going back to the menu screen???????

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted

Re: Bigpond movie will not play

Having the same problem, any reply yet? On hold with Telstra!

Highlighted

Same problem tonight. Not playing.
Highlighted

Spoke to Telstra, they told me to log off, turn off modem, log back into BigPond movies.
Did all that and STILL having the same problem.
Highlighted

Similar issue. Just brought a movie on big pond movies. Go to play it and whole thing goes black. Go back and says my movie will expire in 2 days as it does when you start watching it..! I can't see it to watch it!
Highlighted

Yeah I tried same. Still got the problem.
Highlighted

Me too. Same as all the others posted tonight . Instead of watching a movie we spent the night on the phone to Telstra and will now go to bed. What a waste of a night that I will not get back....

Highlighted

I have the same problem. 

Highlighted

I have the same problem.

Seems to be a common bug. There is no fix yet. The only suggestion the BigPond Movies Call Centre had was log out of app, turn off TV & modem for 5 minutes, then reboot & try again. That didn't work for my Samsung TV but it might work for others.

Report the fault to help@bigpondmovies.com

Info to include in fault report:

• BigPond Movies email address:
    Device type and Year: Smart TV
    TV brand & model:
    Internet connection type (ADSL, Cable, NBN, etc):
    Home network setup (Ethernet or Wi-Fi):
    Date & time fault occurred:
    Date & time fault reported:
    Location (State):
    Movie impacted (if applicable):
    Problem description:
    Steps to reproduce (if applicable):
    Detailed troubleshooting (what have you tried to resolve the issue):
    Contact number:
~Living the dream~
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Luke810, 

I am not aware of any outages or disruptions to Bigpond Movies currently. 

If you are having trouble with your BigPond Movies service, you can find information on our BigPond Movies Support Page 

Select the device you are having trouble with then  you can choose between support options of:

- Getting Started

- Content

- Accounts & Billing

- Technical Support

If you are still unable to resolve your issue by following these instructions you will need to contact BigPond Movies via email at "help@bigpondmovies.com"

Regards - 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today
Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Kudo to the member(s) who helped you out

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi TommyR

I have had the same problem as the other people on here.

Since the upgrade to the BigPond movie app it will not work 

on my Samsung Smart TV. It downloads the movie, starts to play

then returns back to menue screen after about 2 seconds. Sometimes 

it freezes or just gives me a blank screen,

I have been on to BigPond movies 3 times in the last 3 weeks and filled in the 

request form they send to you. The last time the lady on the phone filled it in with

me and lodged it straight away.

That was 5 days ago, no responce yet. 

Bought a movie today thinking they might have fixed the problem since I've been away

and still the same.

I have also rang Samsung and they performed all updates and checks.

The TV is all up to date and working fine.

All other Apps work fine, only BigPond movies since the upgrade dosn't work.

Regards

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Normally they should get back to you within 24 hours from submitting your enquiry via email. If you haven't heard back, you can get in touch with them on 1800 502 502 and they can chase this up for you.

Thanks

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Nice thought Jesse, but I am assuming they are overwhelmed. I called and left a message. They didn't get back to me in 24 hours, so I called again. This time I got someone and they advised to email the details as per a previous post here. I did that 5 days ago. No update, no refund, no communication, and no fix.

Rather than batting this around here, can someone in Telstra acknowledge there is a problem and inform us about it. You email most of us weekly, so put it in that. I am sure there is a team busily trying to fix all the bugs. Perhaps roll-back the software to the one that worked until you have the bugs out. At the moment you are missing out on all our rentals as we can't use the system. 

The new system looks great, it just doesn't work.

Highlighted

Just got changed over to the new Bigpond movies. Have been given a free voucher. Have chosen a movie as I always have on bigpond movies, have received an email saying I purchased it but every time I press 'Watch HD' it loads and just keeps going back to the menu screen??...waste of time on hold for over 30 minutes. This is an example of bad customer experience.
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Cashome2010, 

Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having with BigPond Movies. 

What type of device are you attempting to watch it on? If trying another device, does all seem ok or you get the same issue? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Highlighted

Same problem. Can’t rent any movies. Press the ‘rent’ button and nothing happens. Rang Telstra support, rang BigPond Movies and went through the usual steps of turning off and on, resetting and software update. Still no good and still no answers. Perhaps it would be wise to let the user rollback to a software version that works or an even better idea would be to not release a software version that has bugs (crazy idea I know)

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit