CrowdSupport®
Eletrust
Level 1: Cadet

Bogus Charge on my Credit Card

Good morning - SDF Australia,

On the 11/11/18 & 10/11/18 and again on 10/11/18 I was charged $1.00 per transaction for services I didn't order and do not know about. This was charged to my credit card ending in <Removed for Privacy> in the name of Marie <Removed for Privacy>. Total charged was $3.

I have not to my knowledge ordered your services and I would like you to look at these transactions and please inform me of the services you provided and who ordered them. Please respond in a timely manner as if I haven't heard from you within 48hrs I will contact merchant services and report this transaction as fraudulent.

Thank you for your help with this matter.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Bogus Charge on my Credit Card

This can't be investigated through Crowdsupport as nobody here has access to billing systems.
You will need to contact Bigpond Movies on 1800 502 502 (between 1pm and 10pm AEST) to query the charges.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Eletrust

This is the reason I came to Crowd Support:
I received this emailed reply from a NRL Telstra Rep, perhaps people should know their companies and the roles they play instead of giving everyone the run around. I need an email address for complaints for Telstra & also the Telstra Bigpond Movies email address - this is not good enough. Buck passing is not good business practice. I am going to call merchant services and put in charges of fraudulent activities by Telstra if this is the response you are giving.

"Hi Marie
Thank you for your below email, it was forwarded to us by the NRL Feedback team.
Subscriptions to the NRL Live Pass are not purchased via Telstra (only via Google Play or iTunes) so this charge is unlikely to be related to the NRL Live Pass. A charge from SDF Australia could relate to a number of Telstra services.
We have had some other customers contact us with a similar complaint which was related to BigPond Movies.
Have you recently tried to access BigPond Movies?
If so, you will need to contact the relevant area regarding this, which would be the BigPond movies forum on CrowdSupport
https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/BigPond-Movies/bd-p/BigPond-Movies
I would suggest posting your enquiry there for further assistance as we can only assist with NRL/AFL Live Pass enquiries.
Kind Regards
T-Logo Green
Kahla Jorgensen
AFL/NRL Customer Support | Telstra Digital
E afl.live@team.telstra.com "

There is no email address for complaints or Bigpond Movies. If you want to lodge a formal complaint, you can do it via the form at https://say.telstra.com.au/customer/general/forms/Email-Complaint

btw, I do not work for Telstra, neither do most of the people who assist here (it is Crowdsupport, after all - customers assisting customers), this is not an official support forum (other then for the Sports Subscriptions). We just try to give you the information to get your problems sorted quicker.
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Eletrust

Ok sorry I thought you did work for Telstra because a Telstra employee advised me to go to crowd support to get help. How Bizarre that they are advising people to talk to other customers to get help and not directing them to their own departments. Telstra seems to be a law unto themselves with a business that runs contrary to normal standard business practice. Thanks anyways for your help I will contact my bank and lodge a fraudulent charges claim and write to ombudsman myself just to get this taken care of.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now