CrowdSupport®
Level 2: Rookie

Box office will not cast to Chromecast

Answered

I watch box office on my tablet or phone and use Chromecast to play.. is this feature no longer available??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Box office will not cast to Chromecast

No, Chromecast is not available.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Wondering same .searches for help say that I should be able to stream movies and pay as I go without needing to subscribe monthly to telstra tv ..but can’t seem to do it ....it’s so confusing 

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

No, Chromecast is not available.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Does that mean Telstra will be refunding all our purchases given the product is no longer able to be used for the intended purposes and is not supplied in the same condition as it was purchased? Speaking in terms of consumer law. 

Highlighted

Good question - I will have a refund as well 

Highlighted

Can’t help but notice we were the only ones on the thread Jupiter felt weren’t valuable enough customers to reply to. 

I recommend lodging a complaint and if you don’t receive a full refund or a Telstra TV taking it to the ACCC or a local ombudsman. Or both. 

This is literally breaking the law. 

maybe make a few threads asking about refunds for failure to deliver products in the condition advertised and rendering them no longer fit for their intended purpose when purchased. 

I’ll help also if you like. 

Highlighted

Hi Jupiter I’ve been patiently waiting for your response to my question for some time now. 

You’ve replied to everyone else on the thread. 

Why was my question not deemed worthy of offical Telstra representative response? 

Is it because you are aware of the legal liability and cannot say anything in public - so thereby admitting Telstra is already fully aware they are walking  on the wrong side of consumer law? So if you responded to me it would merely assist those forming class action suits? 

Highlighted

I mean surely you can respond with something given you are so unafraid “to back yourself when trying new things” - why not extend this 90s motivational poster/soccer mum bumper sticker approach to life by trying the new approach of actually assisting people to fair recompense.

After all, you've apparently already got “ 3 escape routes” planned. 

Highlighted

It’s not confusing - Telstra is merely trying to make you feel confused as Camouflage for defrauding customers and in best case scenario attempting to utilise laws lagging behind technology. 

What you state is exactly what Box office was advertised as when I signed up. Specifically said chrome cast support on selected devices. Specifically said no Telstra Tv required. 

They have made no announcement to non Telstra tv users who have made purchases - so that’s why there’s so many of these threads. 

But they owe you a complete refund for every purchase or a Telstra rebranded Roku or they are VERY vulnerable for Consumer Law violations 

Highlighted

Sorry @PixelDust , I didn't see your last reply back in Feb.

You will need to contact Telstra TV Box Office support regarding refunds on either 1800 502 502 or boxofficesupport@telstratv.com

I can't give you an answer about it because I don't work for Telstra. Crowdsupport isn't an official support forum and nearly all the people here are non-Telstra employees.

Not continuing to provide a feature is not breaking consumer law most of the time. As long as they are still making the content available, not having chromecast capability probably isn't covered. You would need to contact the ACCC to get an answer on that.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit