CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

BoxOffice won't accept my username and password

Hi, I've been trying today to get into Box Office movies on my LG smart TV (never had a problem before) but it keeps saying I have put in the wrong username and/or password. I have changed my password (in case it was wrong) but it's still not accepting it. It also won't play the trailers... just says "loading" and then "Player Error". My wi-fi is working fine and I can log in to Box Office on my MacBook. I have also tried mirror streaming from my MacBook to the LG TV but not having any luck with that either (and I don't want to pay for an expensive app to do it). All advice greatly welcome!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

Re: BoxOffice won't accept my username and password

Hi, I've been trying today to get into Box Office movies on my LG smart TV (never had a problem before) but it keeps saying I have put in the wrong username and/or password. I have changed my password (in case it was wrong) but it's still not accepting it. It also won't play the trailers... just says "loading" and then "Player Error". My wi-fi is working fine and I can log in to Box Office on my MacBook. I have also tried mirror streaming from my MacBook to the LG TV but not having any luck with that either (and I don't want to pay for an expensive app to do it). All advice greatly welcome!

Hey there. I’m having the same issue. LG tv also and never had a problem before. Have logged into Telstra account and no problems there. The rest of the fam is currently streaming another product so no tech issues in the house either. I’d also like some suggestions if anyone can help. 

Highlighted

Hi there, I'm having the same issue as well & have never had an issue before today! I can log onto my Telstra TV box office account on my computer with my normal log in info but can't on my LG smart TV, I've tried getting in contact with anyone on my Telstra TV account on my computer but not having any luck as the main Telstra support center has been shut down in the Philippines. I have emailed box office support with my problem so I'll have to wait & see what they come back with.

Highlighted

Telstra is dropping the ball big time in all services at the moment. Good luck geting your problem resolved. I have spent countless hours all week on the phone and still no closer to getting my problem resloved.

Vin88
Highlighted

Just a week or so ago, I started to get a message saying that my LG smart tv will no longer be supported......, now I have the same issue as not accepting my username or password, they must be linked...

Highlighted

I’m having the exact issue- I have an LG tv but have no issues logging on on my Mac or phone. 

Highlighted

Yes, same problem since Friday

Highlighted

Hi there

I am having he same problem - cannot log on to the Box office form my LG smart TV since 27 March 2020.

@sjlpi wrote:

Highlighted

Yes I am having the same issue started last week

Highlighted

What  the heck is going on with Telstra Box Office log in and LG tvs. At a time when movies are needed the service and response to this problem is completely broken down and non existent. For goodness sake Telstra fix this issue or supply us with an answer as to why this has happened.  Our passwords usernames are correct and our money is surely something that you value at this terrible time.   Answers TELSTRA!  Solution even more so!!!!

Highlighted

Hi all,

You should all be able to log back into Box office now on your LG TV's, Box office support finally replied back to my email inquiry see below for their reply. So all good for now hopefully it doesn't happen again this weekend.

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in responding. Due to the current world situation, we are experiencing increased support requests.

We have fixed the log in problem as of 9PM 29/3/2020. You should be able to log in now. However if you continue experiencing issues then contact us again. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Telstra TV Box Office

Highlighted

Unfortunately I still can't log in so the problem isn't fixed for everyone.

Highlighted

Okay, so Box Office is now allowing me to log in. HOWEVER, it will not load trailers or movies. I purchased a film to rent, but it wouldn't play. I've still been charged but haven't seen a second of it.

What's up with that Telstra?

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit