CrowdSupport®
BazzaThomas
Level 1: Cadet

Chromecast

Answered

I understood late in 2018 that you were working on an update to the app that would allow use of Chromecast. It is now April and still no update.

What is the current status on this urgently needed update. 

Barry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 25: The Singularity
Accepted Solution

Re: Chromecast

OK. I have seen your previous message now and can see that you are probably referring to Bigpond Movies.

Good news, Chromecast functionality was introduced almost 2 months ago.
What you may not have caught up on is that the app is now called Telstra TV Box Office. So you will need to install that and you should be up and running.

Note: a Chromecast device counts as one of your registered devices (so tablet + chromecast = 2 registered devices out of the 5 total that you can have).
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5

You're going to have to help us out here a little. What app are you talking about?
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Accepted Solution

OK. I have seen your previous message now and can see that you are probably referring to Bigpond Movies.

Good news, Chromecast functionality was introduced almost 2 months ago.
What you may not have caught up on is that the app is now called Telstra TV Box Office. So you will need to install that and you should be up and running.

Note: a Chromecast device counts as one of your registered devices (so tablet + chromecast = 2 registered devices out of the 5 total that you can have).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
BazzaThomas

Hi

I am talking about the big pond movies app for use on android tablet. 

Barry

Yes, you are using an old app. There is no such thing as Bigpond Movies anymore. It got rebranded.

You need to install the Telstra TV Box Office app from the Play Store to get the new functionality.
BazzaThomas

Many thanks

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now