CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
F080361
Level 1: Cadet

Error in Bigpond Movies app on iOS

Everytime i go to play a movie I get this error - "unexpected error in rights aquisition"

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
12 REPLIES 12
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Error in Bigpond Movies app on iOS

Hi F080361,

Sorry to hear of the BigPond Movies app error on iOS there. 

Is this a recent issue, and has been ok previously? 

Have you updated the iOS at all? Which device are you using? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

CaraJane

I'm getting this same error using an iPad
Support Team
Support Team

Hi CaraJane, 

Has there been any changes to your iPad recently? 

Have you been able to remove and re-add the BigPond Movies app? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jo1301
Level 2: Rookie

I get the error below, latest app version, iOS 10.1.1, installed app tonight

IMG_0239.PNG

M_V

I get the same message. Only just downloaded the app on IOS. Before the playback error message I also get a message saying it may cost me extra for data. I thought it was unmetered???

Golfchief

I am receiving the same error, (Playback Error onDrmWorkflowError) interestingly in my library the movies are marked as "Expired at 10:00am, Thursday 01 Jan. 1970". I removed the BigPond movies app and reinstalled and still get the same error.

JONOII
Level 2: Rookie

I am having exactly the same problem on my iPhone 6 plus, hopefully there's a fix on the way.

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for letting us know about this issue affecting the BigPond Movies App. I would recommend reporting these issues to our BP Movies team on 1800 502 502 and they can investigate further for you.

Operating hours:

Monday - Friday 
9:30am - 11pm AEST

Saturday 
11am - 11pm AEST

Sunday 
12pm - 10pm AEST

Let me know how it goes and if you need any further assistance. 

Cboltz

I am also having the same issue and I just purchased a tv show that I am unable to watch 'ondrmworkflowerror' on the app.

Mel_85

I am also having this same problem on both iPad and iPhone. Both latest IOS and app newly downloaded (no updates available)

RDM2

I get same play back error "onDrmWorflowError"
Do we get a refund/credit on movie rental?
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi RDM2

If you speak with our BigPond Movies Team on 1800502502, or via help@bigpondmovies.com we will be able to organise a credit for you. 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Kind Regards 

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now