CrowdSupport®
Grant1969
Level 3: Gumshoe

Movies not surround as they used to be??

I have tried emailing support twice as I was told to do, I have called the number and got an answering service, does anyone work at Telstra/bigpond movies anymore. I have heard nothing for nearly two weeks. This is not a service anyone should be paying for.

Problem:

No longer have the surround sound from movies naymore, except one movie I stumbled accross "Haywire", it comes through in an acceptable surround sound. what has chnaged since the recent T box / movies app upgrade.

As others are finding, it is slow, clunky of which I could put up with but inferior sound, that is unacceptable.

It was good before, what has happened.

Does anyone have the same issue with sound?

Grant

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Movies not surround as they used to be??

I haven't heard anyone experiencing difficulties with the audio since the changes. Can you go into the Audio Settings on your T-Box and confirm if it is set to Standard or Dolby Digital?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Grant1969

I have tried both, currently DD.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Grant1969,

Just to confirm, you are connecting your audio through the optical cable or just using the HDMI?

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Grant1969

TYried both, nothing, except that one movie, very strange. Although other posts do say no surround sound with BP movies so I think it has changed. Very dissapointed. I am trialing another movie midian at the moment and would encourage all to do the same.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit