CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
mike49
Level 1: Cadet

Playback Error - Error Code: lastRegistrationNull

Just registered - Getting this error trying to a play movie using macbookair - any ideas?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
surfie1970

Re: Playback Error - Error Code: lastRegistrationNull

Hi

I have exactly the same error. please let me know if you solve it.

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you advise what movie that you experienced this error with?

Have you tried reinstalling the BigPond Movie app?

Have you been able to view other movies?

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

surfie1970

Hi Shellock

I am trying to watch the movie using Safari on a Macbook Air. I downloaded the telstra movie app and tried via the app on my iphone6 and recieved the error "Playback error - on DrmWorkflowError"

I hope you can help

Thanks

Mark

surfie1970

I should also add I havent tried other movies as the only movie I have rented is "The Martian". It was one of those free Telstra thanks movies.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The error message than you provided indicates this will be due to the licencing of the rental.  Below is some further information about this. 

As this is for a free rental through Telstra Thanks, can you try again on Thursday and let me know how you go?

Please keep in mind:  Offer is to watch one movie rental from BigPond Movies per week from a selection of three movies. Data charges may apply. Available for Telstra customers aged 18 or over, who have registered for My Account and BigPond Movies. Each week's voucher code is available through telstra.com/movies from 12:01pm Friday to 11:59pm Thursday.

The offer can be used between 5:30am and 11:59pm on Thursday by entering the code in BigPond Movies on your compatible device and selecting and renting your movie. You have 48 hours to begin watching the movie and you have 48 hours to finish watching once you click play.

You can only view the movie on the device where it was rented. 

DRM stands for Digital Rights Management. DRM restricts illegal distribution in several ways:

• It restricts playback to a computer with a valid licence.
  • It can create a temporary music file with an expiry date, for music released on a promotional basis. (Free promotional tracks for example)

BigPond Movie Downloads Licence Restrictions include:

• Movies can not be burnt to a CD or DVD
  • Movies can not be side-loaded to another device
  • If you are having trouble with a licence please contact the Movies help desk by sending an email to help@bigpondmovies.com

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

mike49

The error "Playback Error - Error Code: lastRegistrationNull" was with the movie Jason Bourne.

surfie1970

Hi Shelly

I will try again on Thursday. I assume the same code will work as now the rental has expired

Thanks

Mark

Zjfletch

I have exactly the same error with the Bourne film
Plus the rental expired before I could even watch it
Contacted big pond and no response, that was a week ago!
bonbon88

I had the exact same message today, only I paid for two different movies, and couldn't watch either of them. Then I tried using my non-mac computer, rented a third movie as the first two said "token invalid", and that one also wouldn't work, also said "token invalid". Pretty ticked off, since the rentals are registering as having been started in terms of the expiry dates, but I can't watch even one, and I've now paid to watch 3 movies and all three have failed. What the hell is going on?? The lack of answers and support on this, its beginning to feel like a scam, or theft.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

HI ZjFletch and Bonbon88, 

I'd recommend giving our BigPond Movies Tech Team a call on 1800502502

They are available, 

Monday - Friday 9:30am - 11pm AEST, 

Saturday
11am - 11pm AEST

Sunday
12pm - 10pm AEST

Kind Regards 

joanna4

I am getting this error.. can someone explain please?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Joanna4 

I would recommend you having a chat to our BigPond Movies Team by calling 1800502502. 

They will be able to assist with the error message you are experiencing. 

Available daily between 10am and 11pm daily. 

Kind Regards 

KIRSTYELLA

I'M ALSO GETTING THIS ERROR. Playback Error - Error Code: lastRegistrationNull

TRYING TO GET BALLERINA MOVIE FOR MY DAUGHTER. HAVE BEEN ON HOLD NOW FOR 30MIN... ANY FURTHER SUGGESTIONS?

MJA_Sydney

So I rented HD of "Ghost in the Shell" on my big screen TV but then decided to watch on my Macbook Pro in another area of the home. Are you saying that I can ONLY watch it on the TV?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MJA_Sydney, 

You should be able to watch this video on any registered device. You can have up to 5 devices registered at a given time.  This normally happens automatically when you play a Movie or TV Show on a new device, it will be automatically registered and stored. However you may need to check that your Macbook Pro is listed as a registered device on your Account.

If it's not you will be able to replace one device per month and can add a nickname to all registered devices via Settings > Devices page when you log into your BigPond Movies account online.

If you need further help after this please get in touch with our BigPond Movies Team by calling 1800502502, and they'll be able to assist you. They are available daily between 10am and 11pm. 

nevergetanswers

Same message it doesn't work and you cant register extra devices through settings. Bigpond movies would have to be the worst application going around. It doesn't talk to smart TV's and these forums tell you to sit on phones for hours instead of publishing articles on solving the problem. I fail to see how I can view the trailer and then pay for the movie only to be once again let down by the rubbish service that is telstra.

Hay22

Solution to Error Code: lastRegistrationNull

If you're using a Mac you need to download an alternative web browser. Google Chrome works for me.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now