Highlighted
AB_ONE
Level 1: Cadet

Problems with Big pond movies App on LG smart TV

Hi - newbie here. Hopefully I am posting to correct board. Started having problems with the Bigpond Movie App on LG Smart TV just recently. Looks like the app may have been updated recently and now has issues. I now get the message "The Request cannot be processed. Please try again" when trying to scroll through movies to select. It then aborts the app . TV is LG 55LW6500. Anybody had similar problems and can suggest how to resolve - it is most annoying as it was working perfectly previously. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
11 REPLIES 11
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Problems with Big pond movies App on LG smart TV

Hi AB_ONE,

Welcome to CrowdSupport Smiley Happy 

Best team to assist with this one for you is our BigPond Movies Support team on 1800502502.

Open from 9:30am-11pm EST Monday to Friday, 11am-11pm EST Saturday, and 12pm-11pm EST Sunday. 

Ivan

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Seanlc
Level 2: Rookie

I was a regular Bigpond Movies user and I am also getting these messages all the time. 

The request cannot be processed. Try again. Tis definately only started after recent upgrade to the Bigpond Movies App.

Have you had your problem resolved?

Fizbain

I have the same issue with the bigpond app after the latest update.

I have reset my tv to factory defaults and reset my modem/router and nothin has helped.

The app looks different to how it used to look and it fails every time i try to access latest releases.

Any help would be great.

Support Team
Support Team

Heya Fizbain,

As Ivan has stated earlier within the thread, the best thing to do would be to contact BigPond Movies Support Team via 1800 502 502.

The team are open from 9:30am-11pm EST Monday to Friday, 11am-11pm EST Saturday, and 12pm-11pm EST Sunday

Hope this helps. Smiley Happy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Jai-lyn

I have exactly the same problem and I have been liaising with Bigpond Movies Help for weeks. They are aware of the problem and have now had 2 dates for rectification, which have been and gone without any progress.

I was advised to do a factory re-set, which failed to fix the problem. I was also advised to do a uninstall/resinstall on the Bigpond Movie app. I've repeatedly asked for instruction on how to do this, as the factory re-set automatically reinstalls the app. Can someone assist me on how to go about this on an LG Smart TV, Model: 55LW6500-TA, please?

Cheers,

Jai

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

I don't have a lot of experience with Smart TVs so am unsure how the apps/resets work. I can pass on feedback about the app to the BigPond Movies team but as far as getting an update on the progress of this fix or gaining assistance with uninstalling/re-installing the app you will need to contact the BigPond Movies Help team.

Alternatively, for assistance with how to manage apps on the TV you could probably also contact LG directly.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Flounder

Is there any update on this issue? I reported the problem to BigPond Movies support back in March but have had no progress or updates since then. When I call them back I am simply told that they are working through fixes and someone will get in touch. For obvious reasons, this does not inspire me with confidence...
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Flounder, 

It would be worth contacting BigPond Movies directly. To save you the phone call, you can send them an email: help@bigpondmovies.com

Rauc0us

The questions above are all based upon the fact that the streaming service attempts to renew its location/address every 60 minutes. Your LG tv does not allow this and assigns a new address every time the streaming service requests it. See DDOS and other spam/spoof adress attacks if you are interested. It is a Bigpond issue that can be fixed by deleting the multiple addresses accumulated by this micromanaging shortcoming, but if the help centre is closed for the night so are your chances of a quick fix.
Hi Bigpond....I'm still waiting Smiley Tongue
af6

It is now 2017. A few months ago bigpond stopped working on LG smart tv when I had been using it regularly. Rang support & was told couln't fix this known error. Tonight tried again & asked to login. Has taken 45mins & still not there as have to wait a long time between each move on keypad.
af6

Whoops, was the batteries in remote. was so used to it not workin i incorrectly assumed still had a problem.
will enjoy a movie now.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now