CrowdSupport®
KMcGowan
Level 2: Rookie

Telstra Box Office Credit

I have $110 credit on my Box office account that Telstra sent me and no one from the telstra TV help desk can tell me how use it.

Can someone please tell me how to use the credit and to not have it keep charging to my bill.

When I purchase a movie what do I do?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 25: The Singularity

Re: Telstra Box Office Credit

As long as you redeemed the credit, and it is showing in your Telstra TV Box Office Account Balance, then all you have to do is make a purchase and it will use the credit until it runs out.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KMcGowan

that is what i thought would be happening. but it is definitely not.  

the credit was applied in Jul 2019.  and tells me that it expires in Jul 2020.

We have purchased plenty of movies since then, thinking they would be reducing the $110.  but it still shows $110.00

under the credit it says, your preferred payment method will be used once the credit runs out.

When I buy a movie, my choice is to use my bill, or use a voucher.  I assumed by bill was in credit and was using that option.

That is definitely a glitch as it should be using the credit first before charging your bill.

You will need to give Telstra TV Box Office Support a call on 1800 502 502 so they can investigate what is happening.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
KMcGowan

Spoken to them twice and no one can tell me for sure how to do it.

I have been told to use the voucher option when I rang today, and put my code in.  I will try this when I get home.

And when I asked if that is the solution or you are just hoping, he couldn't answer me.  

I said I will be very disappointed if I have to call back for the third time.  First call was 28 mins and 2nd call was 25 mins.

So I think i will be calling them back!

There is no voucher code, so that won't work. 

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now