CrowdSupport®
Ron1953
Level 1: Cadet

Telstra Box Office Frenzy Movies

Tried watching two movies last night after renting via the Frenzy deal.

Unfortunately it kept stopping - up to 20 times during both movies. Had to go back in and "resume" each time. Why does this happen? I use Netflix on the same TV with the same Telstra NBN connection without a problem. (100% good) I use SBS On Demand using the same TV and Telstra NBN connection without a problem. Streaming seems to work fine until I watch Telstra Box Office movies. I choose HD rentals and last night watched (tried to watch) between the hours 7.30 - 10.30. No other electronic equipment was nearby which could have affected the signal. Even switched my computer off. It appears to be a problem with Telstra Box Office (Bigpond) movies. Can you assist?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Telstra Box Office Frenzy Movies

Hi Ron, 

Sorry to hear of the streaming issues. This may be due to the quality of the stream being higher and buffering due to more usage and higher speed being needed. What device are you using to stream the movie? Was this via the app on your TV or a Telstra TV unit or through a computer connected to your TV? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ron1953
Level 1: Cadet

its a ROKU box supplied by you

Support Team
Support Team

Might be best to do a factory reset and see if this fixes the issue. You can arrange this via the steps here:

https://tel.st/zxgkz

If this doesn't fix the issue, please try our Telstra Box Office support team here on 1800 502 502 and we can have a look into the cause for you. 

Let us know if you have any further trouble though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now