CrowdSupport®
Angela83
Level 1: Cadet

Wrong movie downloaded

Last night I watched the trailer for The Girl in the Spider's Web and then rented the standard version but when I went to play the movie I found that a completely different movie (one which I had never heard off and wouldn't be interested in, Hotel Artemis) had been downloaded instead! I rang Telstra this morning to ask them for a refund which they said that they would do but I really would like to know how it is possible for this to happen. When I asked the young lady at Telstra she said that she couldn't say as she had never heard of this happening before! Am I the only person in Australia that this has happened to? I would really appreciate some feedback about this! Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Wrong movie downloaded

Hi @Angela83

Very sorry to read about your BigPond movies issues. This is unusual to say the least.

Although this is the first time I have heard of this matter occurring I would also be interested to know of anyone else who has experienced this issue.

Thanks for your time and please do reach out again if you need us.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Angela83 I have never heard of this happening before. I hope that the lady you spoke to also referred it to the appropriate channels, in needs to be investigated.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Angela83

Thanks Jimmy, it would be nice to know that it has happened to someone else! I am worried about renting movies in case it happens again!
Angela83

Thanks for replying Ozmoz, and yes she did say that she would refer it on!

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now