CrowdSupport®
Angela83
Level 1: Cadet

Wrong movie downloaded

Last night I watched the trailer for The Girl in the Spider's Web and then rented the standard version but when I went to play the movie I found that a completely different movie (one which I had never heard off and wouldn't be interested in, Hotel Artemis) had been downloaded instead! I rang Telstra this morning to ask them for a refund which they said that they would do but I really would like to know how it is possible for this to happen. When I asked the young lady at Telstra she said that she couldn't say as she had never heard of this happening before! Am I the only person in Australia that this has happened to? I would really appreciate some feedback about this! Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Wrong movie downloaded

Hi @Angela83

Very sorry to read about your BigPond movies issues. This is unusual to say the least.

Although this is the first time I have heard of this matter occurring I would also be interested to know of anyone else who has experienced this issue.

Thanks for your time and please do reach out again if you need us.

- Jimmy

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 21: Augmented
Level 21: Augmented

@Angela83 I have never heard of this happening before. I hope that the lady you spoke to also referred it to the appropriate channels, in needs to be investigated.

Hot pineapple donut and a cuppa.... Mmmmmm
Angela83

Thanks Jimmy, it would be nice to know that it has happened to someone else! I am worried about renting movies in case it happens again!
Angela83

Thanks for replying Ozmoz, and yes she did say that she would refer it on!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now