PhilFi
Level 1: Cadet

Mobile phones for seniors

Hi

I'm trying to contact Telstra Bribie Island Store on behalf of my parents (who live in the area). My dad needs a new mobile that is suitable for sight impaired. He was issued with an iPhone 5 (at Morayfield) which is not suitable as he cant' see the icons on screen. I have found two founds which would be suitable and want to check you have them in stock so they can come in and test them out.

I've tried calling the store multiple times this morning and every time it goes through to voicemail. Can some one pls contact me directly so I can resovle this for my parents.

thanks

Fiona

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
ChelseaDame
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Re: Mobile phones for seniors

I wouldn't bother. They only have the Telstra Easycall and the buttons aren't very big.  I've tried unsucessfully to find something similar from Telstra or Optus  for my Father who only uses it as a phone and doesn't need the camera or internet. Good luck with your search

PhilFi

Thank you for the response. It's frustrating that they can't offer a suitable solution. The first phone they recommended, meant my dad had to use a magnifying glass! Ridiculous.

Grumpy57

PhilFi, I had a similar experience. My Dad is 89, visually impaired with restricted mobility, but the Bribie Island Telstra store managed to up-sell him into a new plan that included a top of the line LG smart phone with 20 Gb of data, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab (with SIM). Oh, yes; and an Apple Music subscription! Coupled with his NBN and land line service, he needs to find $150 per month in his pension to pay for the "service". I took my Dad to the store to sort it out, booked an appointment and walked out after an hour without being served. No apologies; no care given. This branch is a black hole of customer service. Good luck.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi Grumpy57, I am so very sorry to hear this has happened and the experience your dad has had. This is certainly not what we ever wish to hear of a customer experiencing. I would suggest speaking with the Store Manager directly about this. Their details can be located via  http://tel.st/uyc2

Please let us know the outcome if possible. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now