Highlighted
Emma81
Level 1: Cadet

Phone wont charge and smells like it burning

Afternoon

My phone will not register a charger.... i tried 3 different ones. when i oulled the charger out i can smell that the phone was burning. This happened on Sat and i am working so unable to get in the shop.

Can you please tell me what will happen and do i get a replacement phone etc. i am not sure what my contracts allows

Thanks very much

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Phone wont charge and smells like it burning

Hi @Emma81

Sorry to read about the current behavior of the device and the troubles you're experiencing with it. Providing there is no major physical damage or liquid ingress to the device; You can have the phone sent away for assessment either In-store (https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Find-your-nearest-Telstra-Retail/ct-p/tstore) or via. the following webform - https://www.telstra.com.au/webforms/mobile-faults-self-service/index.cfm

After this has been done, the phone will be sent to our National Repair Centre and assessed by technicians for any faults to the device. From there the device will either be repaired, or replaced depending on the nature of the fault. If you choose to send the phone away from store, providing the store has stock, they can allocate a loan device for you to use in the interim while your phone is away for assessment.

Please let us know how you go with this

Regards

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit