Highlighted
dale_bentley
Level 1: Cadet

Anti-Virus Plus Security

Answered

We downloaded and instaled Anti-Virus Plus Security from the Telstra Broadband Protect website: https://www.telstra.com.au/broadband/extras/broadbandprotect - workstation is running Windows 10 Pro version 1607 (OS Build 14393.222)

Download and install proceeded fine, restarted workstation and "Telstra Broadband Protec System Service" shows as running. However when we launch the "Anti-Virus Plus Security" shortcut we receive the following message, see below. If we select Ok the next message states "Telstra Broadband Protect was unable to start. Do you want to repair installation?".

I have tried repair, which runs however same errord occurs. And if I repair via Control Panel,  Program and Features, hightlight "Telstra Broadband Protect", change and Repair, the repair runs however still same message as below.

Could someone please assist.

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Riddick187
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

Re: Anti-Virus Plus Security

We had the same issue, I was told build 1607 is the updated build which has the Windows 10 Anniversary update which Microsoft has forced upon users and resulting in all sorts of havoc. Call up support, and tell them you have issues with their security product on Windows 10. From memory, they ran a script to remove the product from the computer, before downloading and putting the product back on again. Works a charm now.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Crodlyn52
Level 1: Cadet

This happened to me twice - and it is still not working properly - only thing to do is uninstall and delete original download exe - then redownload from your account.  Spent lots of time with Telstra chat on this.  

Riddick187
Level 2: Rookie
Accepted Solution

We had the same issue, I was told build 1607 is the updated build which has the Windows 10 Anniversary update which Microsoft has forced upon users and resulting in all sorts of havoc. Call up support, and tell them you have issues with their security product on Windows 10. From memory, they ran a script to remove the product from the computer, before downloading and putting the product back on again. Works a charm now.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now