Highlighted
Sarah41
Level 2: Rookie

Anti-Virus Plus Security

I am probably the only person who actually uses this product. But since my previous note 8 smashed and I replaced it with another just 2 weeks ago, I am unable to use this product on it as apparently my device is not compatable. I have tried work arouns and nothing has helped. Not happy.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Level 19: Deputy Director
Level 19: Deputy Director

Re: Anti-Virus Plus Security

I understand you are using Telstra's Broadband Protect?  Perhaps your best bet is to contact them. 

As far as I know, the Note 8 from Samsung uses Android operating system and Telstra's product is a Windows one?

You may be better off just downloading anti-viral software from the Google Play store.

Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Hi Sarah41,

This appears to be a problem other people are experiencing as well with other apps, the below is a common fix for this problem. Give it a shot and let me know how you go. Smiley Happy

Open Settings > Apps > Find and tap Google Play Store > Storage >

Find and press on Clear Cache and Clear Data buttons.

After the above, power cycle the phone and attempt to install the App again.

Sing

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Sarah41
Level 2: Rookie

Thank you.

Unfortunately it has not rectified the issue.
It continues to say "your device is not compatible with this version".
I couldn't actually find the app in the play store. I had to Google it.
I think the app needs an update to be compatible with the latest android versions.
Telstra Platinum
Telstra Platinum

Thanks for the reply, Sarah41.

Sorry to hear you're still have troubles installing the App, I've since tried installing it on my Pixel 2 phone and receiving the same error.

I agree this appears to be an App issue, possibly due to some later updates in Android 8 may have caused this since it worked on your previous Samsung note 8. 

To get this resolved/escalated, please call 132200 and ask to speak to the Telstra Broadband Protect team for further assistance.

Sing

Telstra Platinum Tech Support

Icon image for Telstra Platinum

---------------------------------------
I am a Telstra Platinum employee and I do phone support for all issues like this one here.
Want one of our Telstra Platinum experts to solve this problem for you? One call to Telstra Platinum could help you with similar tech issues rather than trying to do it yourself. Click through to learn more about Telstra Platinum

Telstra Platinum

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Note we had an issue with the most recent upgrade which removed compatibility for Android 8. An update is currently in testing which should fix this issue
Formerly of Telstra

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now