AussieChick1
Level 1: Cadet

Broadband Protect Error Message

Answered

“We couldn't process your request because of a network error. Try again, or if you need help, contact us.”

I have been in contact with Telstra Cyber Protect because several common websites were blocked to me. I was told to go into my settings to change them but get the above error messages. It’s now a week later, Cyber Protect no longer replying and haven’t said why I’m getting the error.

My own settings should not be interfered with by any provider. Obviously they don’t want me to know why the blocking. Anyone have the same ??? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Broadband Protect Error Message

This in myaccount?

You generally get that error message if you don't actually have Telstra Broadband Protect on the Account. You can contact billing and ask if it is on the account and to remove if it is
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Hi AussieChick1, 

Is this error the same with another browser or device? 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Accepted Solution

This in myaccount?

You generally get that error message if you don't actually have Telstra Broadband Protect on the Account. You can contact billing and ask if it is on the account and to remove if it is
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Benmore
Level 2: Rookie

Hi,
I got the same error message and, after contacting online chat then calling Telstra (and after repeated requests to reboot my modem or log in from another computer) it ended up being very simple.
Apparently the billing dept has it that Broadband Protect "expires" after a year! Even though it is usually part of your bundle and you don't have to pay, you actually have to contact billing to have it reinstated or you will get the network error message when you try and access it in your account. Mindblowing. The tech guys have no idea this is an issue and billing does not let you know anything. Why expire part of you bundle anyway? Go figure, but the solution is to contact billing. Not technical.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now