CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 1: Cadet

how do I uninstall telstra broadband connect from pc?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: how do I uninstall telstra broadband connect from pc?

Mal, do you mean Telstra Broadband Protect? If so there should be an uninstaller application on your computer.
Formerly of Telstra
Highlighted

Thanks Gavin

It actually is by way of normal UNINSTALL in Widows 10 but a password is needed and it is not one's own password but 1122

found this out eventually from telstra phone tech.

cheers m

Highlighted
Level 6: Bloodhound

Telstra,

It's unusual to need an uninstall password for such things, but not as bad as Norton many years back when I had to do a factory reset of the hard disk just to remove the application. It's like tying you down with an umbilical cord unless you scream out.

So Telstra, why make us go through the hoops?

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi The_Augur, it's relatively standard practice to require an administrator password on a PC or Mac if you want to remove software. In this case one of the reasons we require a password is because it helps prevent against malware from disabling or uninstalling your protection without the owners permission
Formerly of Telstra
Highlighted

Hi Gavin

The problem with this password request is that, after selecting remove from the Add/ remove window, the Telstra Broadband Protect program asks for your Telstra Bigpond account and password,

see these instructs from the company site https://wontok.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205144680-Uninstalling-Telstra-Broadband-Protect-Anti-V...

and after entering your login and password correctly it says they are incorrect!!

On the same site - NOT Telstra's FAQs, is a removal tool that works - see this link:

Removal tool

https://wontok.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212186186-Uninstalling-Telstra-Broadband-Protect-Anti-V...

Or

You can go through the 30 mins negotiations with several Telstra help people, to finally be given the random password to use 1122 - as was reported elsewhere in this forum.

If Telstra is going to promote a product to install, that doesn't uninstall in the usual way, then it would be very helpful if Telsta added a link to the removal tool to their help sections.

Cheers

Dot

Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Dot, mal, all,
I can confirm that there is no such thing as a "random password" to get an authentication backdoor for Telstra Online Security.
User must use the built in uninstaller and enter their Telstra Account Username or Password (generally associated with their BigPond Username) to authenitcate the removal
Customers where this isn't working, for whatever reason, are encouraged to call for support.
Regards
Formerly of Telstra
Highlighted

Use the remover tool. Telstra dont know anything about this tool until you get to someone high up int the tech support. https://wontok.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/212186186-Uninstalling-Telstra-Broadband-Protect-Anti-V...

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit