molly234
Level 1: Cadet

Mass Email

Is there a limit on the number of emails that can be sent with a Telstra Business account?  I had heard the limit was 25 emails every 10 minutes.  If I want to send more than this (for example, sending end of month statements where I might send between 50 and 100 in five minutes or less), what do I do so Telstra doesn't block them.  I thought there was a product called SMTP Mass Email but I can't seem to find out anything about it or find anyone at Telstra who knows about it.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
5 REPLIES 5
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Mass Email

Hi molly234, 

There is a limit on the number of emails that can be sent via a Telstra Business account, at one time.

The limits on smtp.telstrabuisness.com are:

• Emails cannot be bigger than 10 megabytes when being sent on their own
  • Email attachments cannot be larger than 7 megabytes 
  • Can only send 25 emails in 10 minute blocks, not each computer the whole connection 
  • A single email can only be sent to up to 100 recipients and only two of this size email can be sent in 10 minutes

If you wish to be able to send more than this at one time then you can contact our Service and billing team on 13 2253 and request a 'Mass Mail Service' this will cost a few extra dollars a month and a change to your SMTP outgoing mail server to be able to bypass the limitations. 

Hope this helps
Ben

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Gnome1
Level 2: Rookie

I have just run into this same issue.  Trying to send 120 statements generated by our system to our customers on email.

We have Teltra business mail setup, and I was told to get an SMTP Mass email add on. After 4 hours on the phone yesterday being bounced around to many different departments I was told that as we have been moved to the NBN recently it is not possible to get this service as it is only available on ADSL. 

I find it impossible to believe that we are the only business on the NBN with Telstra Business mail that need to send out a lot of email in one hit each month.  I was given the impression if we had it before we were cutover to the NBN it would still work, but we cant now apply for it.  If anyone has got around this I would be very grateful to hear how, failing this i am going to have to see if i can get this service through a different provider.

Incredibly frustrated with this whole NBN setup, does not seem to be designed for businesses.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Gnome1 I can certainly understand your frustrations that the NBN service doesn't provide all the same features and benefits that you're used to on ADSL, I can confirm that Mass Email is not available on cable or NBN at this time. I'm very sorry for any inconveniences. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

BAV
Level 1: Cadet

Yes I also find it Quite amusing and I am in the same preciument. I am forced to go NBN now i am unable to use the SMPT bulk email which is MY Business. TELSTRA Why do you not offer some alternative for this?? Its a Joke to call it a Business account when you cannot offer a service by which a business keeps its customers informed.  Can you at least offer some work around or another option? 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@BAV -

Can you confirm if you have a business grade service on the NBN?

Are you are sending from a domain hosted by Telstra?

What is the error message that you receive when you try to send emails?

- Shelly

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now