TDAW
Level 1: Cadet

Unlock a loan phone

I am outside Australia in South Africa and UK, I was given a loan phone whilst my prepaid phone was being sent back to the repairers for the third time, because the phone was under warranty and the battery was not working. I wanted a loan phone that I could use with my other SIMs. I was told that I would not have a problem with the one that I was given. I can not use the phone because it is locked. Is there any easy way that this phone can be unlocked so that my family in South Africa and UK can contact me without having to make an expensive call to Australia?

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Unlock a loan phone

May I ask what type of handset you have been given please? Are you able to complete the secure webform with your details including that of the handset via  www.telstra.com/24x7help and pop back to me with the Reference #

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

TDAW
Level 1: Cadet

I found the answer on Youtube. Phone now unlocked.

Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

That is wonderful thank you for getting back to me with the result. I wish you all the best on your travels and assure you we shall be here to help 24x7. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more