Nix9
Level 1: Cadet

From being the best this store has level Zero!

The Hornsby Telstra store in westfield was a pinnacle of customer service on par with the service offered by Apple stores. Just by the sheer experience of dealing with the personnel there, I upgraded my plan to the highest one offered by Telstra, took a wireless and 3 other data cards. It has been pleasure dealing with the staff till now. Don't know what has changed in recent months but the service is terrible and have absolutely not care for the customers. I had a netgear wireless modem from the store and sparingly used. Some reason it doesn't work. I took it to the store and the first time the staff told me they were too busy (there was 1 customer besides myself). I attempted a second return and the after waiting for the staff to finish their chat and able to serve - they told me it needs to be charged even without looking at the device and it will cost to repair. I told him it should be under warranty, but decided to return back when their old staff are back. Anyways went there last Thursday and the whole thing was abysmally disappointing. A classic case of turning a great store into a hubris of the worst customer service - after a wait of 15/20 min, i showed the device and what can be done - the person starts without checking that I shall be charged, when told its few months old he repeats if you have damaged it you will have to pay. I told the person I am paying about $240 a month on my mobile plan and not that the $ should matter but I expect a better service than that and can I speak to someone else - his reply was to explain what was wrong with his speech. Anyways the whole outlook, attitude and treating of customers has been absolutely crass - till about few months ago and at least for few years that i have been visiting this store was a top class, best in the game. Telstra - please don't tarnish your image and brand value - it was a pleasure and delight to walk into the store - not anymore - please put those people at the back office and get your old staff back - i dont much care about my wireless device which has gone for repair but disappointing to see the pathetic experience which is spiraling down each time I have been there.   

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Support Team
Support Team

Re: From being the best this store has level Zero!

Hi @Nix9

Apologies for the delay in responding. It is not good to read of the poor experience you have had with the customer service received and devices. 

Has this matter been followed up on or resolved since your post?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

The best way to get your feedback heard in this case is to get in contact with the Company that owns and operates the store (Vitagroup). You can send them feedback directly via this page: https://www.vitagroup.com.au/content/policy/contact
Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Nix9

Hi Dani39 

Thanks for taking time to contact - no absolutely nothing. Please restore the service level back in that store and don't let few bad apples damage all the brand building that has happened in the last few years. it takes just some of that staff at stores like Hornsby and their bad customer service to erode every possible good effort that has been put by others before them = once again appreciate and hope I get contacted by someone soon

Nix9

Thanks Jupiter - appreciate the time taken to reply. That explains the shocking service levels.

Telstra 24x7®

Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App

Download now
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now