HESS
Level 1: Cadet

getting a new mobile

Answered

Four questions;

1. Will I get the same deal in store as is shown on line?

2. You do not appear to stock the Samsung Galaxy s6? Is this so? (just the 7 and the 5?)

3. I am thinking of changing from Samsung to Apple. is this easy?

4. If I come into the store will they swap all the content over as part of the swap over deal from old to new phone?

With thanks

Hess

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: getting a new mobile

Stores Seldom check these posts so for an official answer you might be best to call the dealer directly on (02) 6622 6299 but to answer as best an I can;

Four questions;

Yes, unless it says specifically 'online only' on an offer (such as the BYO Mx or Unidays offers) it will be the same online and instore.

2. You do not appear to stock the Samsung Galaxy s6? Is this so? (just the 7 and the 5?)

Yes, I believe the s6 has been gone for a little while but a store may still have stock - I would doubt it though.

Yes, apple make it super easy. They have an app you can download from the Google Play store called 'Move to iOS' and it will help you move over.

4. If I come into the store will they swap all the content over as part of the swap over deal from old to new phone?

This is the one that depends on the store, some stores will and some stores will not. If you make it clear that if they are not willing to do it that you will shop elsewhere they might be more willing to help though.

That being said, if your local store will not, I know from there your nearest is likely about 90min away but if you even go near an Apple Store they will be able to do it all for you, set up the plan, activate the phone, migrate everything over for you and get you all sorted out. (as the Apple Stores are Telstra dealers as well)

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: getting a new mobile

Stores Seldom check these posts so for an official answer you might be best to call the dealer directly on (02) 6622 6299 but to answer as best an I can;

Four questions;

Yes, unless it says specifically 'online only' on an offer (such as the BYO Mx or Unidays offers) it will be the same online and instore.

Yes, I believe the s6 has been gone for a little while but a store may still have stock - I would doubt it though.

Yes, apple make it super easy. They have an app you can download from the Google Play store called 'Move to iOS' and it will help you move over.

This is the one that depends on the store, some stores will and some stores will not. If you make it clear that if they are not willing to do it that you will shop elsewhere they might be more willing to help though.

That being said, if your local store will not, I know from there your nearest is likely about 90min away but if you even go near an Apple Store they will be able to do it all for you, set up the plan, activate the phone, migrate everything over for you and get you all sorted out. (as the Apple Stores are Telstra dealers as well)

Helpful Links

Internet not working or outage in your area? - Check the Outage page for details and troubleshooting.
Help with an account issue? - LiveChat 24x7 support
View Usage, Bills and more - Check it out on MyAccount

Previously worked with a Telstra Partner however I am not a Telstra Employee, just a fellow customer helping when I can.

Goodbye Excess Data Charges

Hello New Plans.

Find out more