kolora_53
Level 2: Rookie

554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending

Answered

Hi all,

Nneed some ideas as to how to fix this following:

When sending some emails they are bouncing back with below msg:-

Mail delivery failed: returning message to sender

554 your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation.

I've performed a search on Spamhaus & our IP address is not listed on SBL, XBL or PBL, our domain is not listed on DBL.

Can anyone help I'm going around in circles.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kolora_53
Accepted Solution

Re: 554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending

After talking through with Tech Support Bigpond the SMPT setting on the email account that this was occurring on was incorrect. Fixed this and all ok. Nothing to do with IP blacklisted. 

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
kolora_53
Accepted Solution

Re: 554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending

After talking through with Tech Support Bigpond the SMPT setting on the email account that this was occurring on was incorrect. Fixed this and all ok. Nothing to do with IP blacklisted. 

View solution in original post

richard1979
Level 1: Cadet

Poor MTA reputation

Hi,

Im having some emails bounce back due to a poor MTA reputation, seems to be emails going to iinet emails and west net emails.  Other email addresses seem to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Poor MTA reputation

Hi Richard1979,

If you keep re-sending then it should eventually get through. Telstra BigPond have several mail servers and they are checked regularly on black-lists and removed. A restart of your modem may help to provide a temporary fix.

If you send me a private message with the header information from the bounce back email, I will make sure that this is passed along to the appropriate area to confirm.

You can find out how Telstra fights spam here: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/bigpond-fights-spam

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit