CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
ian14
Level 2: Rookie

Additional Mailboxes

Answered

I have a new big pond account. I would like to set up additional mailboxes. The closest I have been able to get is this message. I have been getting this message for several days when will these functions be available again?

Screendump

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ian14
Accepted Solution

Re: Additional Mailboxes

All,

My problem has finally been resolved. I gave up using the 24 hour chat line and used the phone. After several fruitless attempts and call backs my problem was elevated to level 2 and solved with a single call back by the level 2 person.. Apparently it is no longer possible for we mere mortals to created secondary email address and it has to be done manually by a telstra person. I certainly didn't find any information on any telstra webpages saying this. It was very frustrating finding the solution but the final call with the level 2 person was very good. She was polite, helpful and thorough.

Ian

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Level 21: Augmented

ian14

Thanks for replying Glenn,
Yep when I hit the setup box on this site is when I get the message in the screen dump attached to my first post.
Wings547
Level 1: Cadet

Had this same problem when we switched to Telstra. In our case the job created for the setup "hung" at the last stage in the workflow and would not complete. It could not be forced closed either. We ended up having to contact Accounts and get them to manually create the two additional accounts we wanted. We still have htree accounts in reserve and expect we would also have to have these created manually if we needed them. Suggest you ring helpdesk and have them check the job number for your new account

mypov

I am also a new Telstra customer with the same problem as Ian14.  After many attempts over more than a week to find out when the problem will be resolved (mostly via 24x7 Chat), still no success.

I have had the Support team create an additional mailbox manually.  This method is inconvenient because creating new email addresses can take a few attempts with names already taken.

ian14

Thanks everybody. I will have to wait until I have and hour or two to wait in the queue  on the 24 7 chat line to see if Telstra can help me solve the problem. All very frustratiing. 

Dave49

I have the same problem as you Ian, new to Telstra and the wife wants an email address which I can't get just the same non service screen that you get. If you happen to resolve your issue please advise.

ian14
Accepted Solution

All,

My problem has finally been resolved. I gave up using the 24 hour chat line and used the phone. After several fruitless attempts and call backs my problem was elevated to level 2 and solved with a single call back by the level 2 person.. Apparently it is no longer possible for we mere mortals to created secondary email address and it has to be done manually by a telstra person. I certainly didn't find any information on any telstra webpages saying this. It was very frustrating finding the solution but the final call with the level 2 person was very good. She was polite, helpful and thorough.

Ian

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now