Tizzi
Level 2: Rookie

Big Pond Email help on Windows 10

Answered

After refreshing windows 10  I have not been able to get an email client,  I had Windows essensials, neither it nor outlook would accept my password. I was supposed to get Telstra Mail this week but it was cancelled  and I wont now be getting that for a few weeks!  So I am left with web mail ! I have tried  for a week to get either a client working, or at least get webmail to save email to my hard drive, I have to save email for business reasons.  This is absolutely ridiculous maybe I should reinstall windows 7. Any help would be very much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tizzi
Accepted Solution

Re: Big Pond Email help on Windows 10

Thank you for your suggestion I am using Em client and find it it pretty good. Thanks again.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
P_Doff
Level 1: Cadet

There is a free e-mail client called eM Client that will allow you to input all the correct settings. I'm going through similar difficulties but I suspect it is at Telstra's end as I recovered my password and it is what I am using and I still can't connect using a standard type of e-mail client. I too am limited to Webmail at the moment.

Tizzi

Thank you for your reply I will look into that and hope it will work. I tried thunderbird but it wouldn't work Nothing seems to work properly anymore !
Tizzi
Accepted Solution

Thank you for your suggestion I am using Em client and find it it pretty good. Thanks again.
Vulcan
Level 10: Junior Detective

It's all telstras fault. I was using windows live mail and it does not work either because of the forced move to telstra mail which is absolute crap !
memyself

You should be so lucky, 20 percent of the population are having plenty of problems coming together with all the new technical terminology. Spare a thought for all the retirees (Like me) in this country. Question: I thought I was with web mail - with Telstra. What is a working client? The list goes on. The mind boggles. Maybe we (The Retirees) will go back to smoke signals, camels and a chalkboard, probably sell millions to retirees on the internet.

All humour aside, it is a very sad situation when a product can be released when not proven 100% operational and viable, let alone not being given a choice in advance. I will not mention the fibre optic saga. I rest my case and would be pleased to read any response.......

Tizzi

Hi Memyself , I am a retired person also and considered myself to be fairly competent on a PC until Windows 10 And Microsoft wanting to know everything about us ! How dare they ? Nothing works easily anymore. I would get a Mac but can't afford one. I agree things come out before the bugs are ironed out.
I would be interested in what is a working client too.
memyself

Your comment "I would be interested in what is a working client too". The mind boggles doesn't it

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now