CrowdSupport®
RayPL
Level 2: Rookie

Bigpond Email on Mac suddenly not working

Answered

Yesterday my bigpond email on my Mac suddenly stopped working. Other accounts ok on the Mac and bigpond ok on my android phone. I thought it may be a password problem so changed that. Still no good. Deleted account and tried to reinstall but I get message "unable to verify account name or password". And I've made sure these are correct.

Any suggestions! Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RayPL
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond Email on Mac suddenly not working

Success!

I tried to add account through the Mail app - unsuccessful.

Then tried to do it through the system preferences - Internet accounts and it worked.

Strange but true.

Thanks for the help.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

Did your Operating System perform an update around the time that your email stopped working?

It seems to be a common fault with Apple products at the moment and all seem to be tied to the release of the latest updates.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi @RayPL

Just checking back in to see how you went and ask if there is any further help or support needed?

-Stef

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

RayPL

Still not able to add the bigpond account to Mail on the Mac.

Picking up on Jupiter's reply I noticed that there is another update available so I installed that - but still not able to add account. But thanks for the advice.

Support Team
Support Team

Hi @RayPL

If the instructions at https://tel.st/dybv7 don't help, please use the contact us link at the bottom of that page for further assistance. 

Let us know how you go. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

RayPL
Accepted Solution

Success!

I tried to add account through the Mail app - unsuccessful.

Then tried to do it through the system preferences - Internet accounts and it worked.

Strange but true.

Thanks for the help.

Support Team
Support Team

Great to read you got this resolved @RayPL

Don't hesitate to use CrowdSupport again. 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now