CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Bandaschultz
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Email settings for windows live mail

Answered

I added another bigpond email address to my acount a few days ago and have been unable to configure windows live mail to send emails. When I try and send through windows live mail i get the following error message.

Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Subject 'test'
Server: 'smtp-mail.outlook.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 587
Secure(SSL): Yes

I have double checked all settings but no luck. I am able to send if I login through webmail and also on iphone.

Any thoughts

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond Email settings for windows live mail

Hi Banda, might be an idea to double check your settings at the following link;

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Accepted Solution

Hi Banda, might be an idea to double check your settings at the following link;

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

0701836001400224804.gif

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Bandaschultz

Success!

I had missed the all important note

Tick the box indicating outgoing server requires authentication

Cheers

bicky

I call telstra about this probem 3hrs ago they told me it would be fixed in three hours LOL still not fixed

Hey Bandy, that's great, pleased I could solve your problem for you.

Have a great night

0701836001400224804.gif

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey bicky,

Make sure you follow the instructions here: go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/windows-mail so that you can then send and recieve your BigPond emails. Thanks bicky.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Beet

TRY THIS

Open Windows Live Mail 2011 or 2012.

On the Accounts tab, click Email.

Enter your email address, password, and display name, then click Next.

(Windows Live Mail 2011 only) From the Server type dropdown, select Windows Live Hotmail, then click Next.

Click Finish.

Took me ages to get any answers am only using live mail so i cant vouch for anything else

tried thunderbird on pop tried windows live on pop and IMAP using telstral advice and settings nothing worked

but this simple thing worked for me. you might want to start from the begining. delete the one you are using  and add new email account see how you go but i suggest get window live mail working first before adding anything else.

one thing i did notice that the windows live mail app takes a while to sync. I found you do not need any telstra settings.

play around with this.

I now receive emails and send emails from this app

The solution was from microsoft

so simple it hurts 

lmj1

don't worry, I am waiting 48 hrs and still no reply, yours lmj1
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Imj1

I'm unsure what you're referring to. Can you post your question?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now