CrowdSupport®
Lis_88
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond Issues | IB607

Hi there,

Anyone from the Telstra support that can help here?

We are an online retailer with a quite large database. In the last month we have had a lot of issues with the deliverability to bigpond emails because of the error IB607 (too many recipients). I've read in this forum multiple people having the same issue and usually the answer from the support team was to provide some extra info through a private message so that you could have investigated the situation and possibly white-listed our IP address. Any chance I can talk to someone who can help me with this? Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
7 REPLIES 7
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Bigpond Issues | IB607

Hi Lis_88, 

Thanks for using Crowd Support about your email address and IP being whitelisted. Due to spam and blockers, the emails may be blocked if this is being sent to multiple users from the same address. It would be best to talk to our technical support area here  https://tel.st/bzhv9 and we can discuss some options with you. 

Let us know how you go there though. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Lis_88

Hi there,

I've talked to the support team in the chat twice and both times they were unable to help. They gave me the domain team phone number which also was a waste of time. 

I'm having the exact same issue this guy mentioned (https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Telstra-Mail/Connection-refused-due-to-exceed-max-concurrent-...), and the support person who replied to him asked for some details to be sent through PM. Can I do the same with you? Would you be able to raise the request for me?

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Thanks for getting back to us Lis_88, Shellock was a member of our social media tech team and she would have followed the very same process as all tech teams in regard to this matter. I apologise that the team weren't as helpful.

Can I ask what the tech team did advise when you spoke with them?

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Lis_88

Hi Renee,

I called the number that I got from the support chat and I managed to talk to someone but she said she couldn't help me with that and I needed to talk to a different department. I asked her to transfer me to that department and I were actually connected to a voice mail that gave me 3 different options, none of these seemed the correct one for my case, I just selected the third one hoping to speak with whoever and possibly be transferred again to the right person but instead of allowing me to talk to someone, the third option just gave me a website to visit. I will try to call again today but this has been really frustrating so far.

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Lis_88,

I can understand your concern. The best phone number to call for assistance with your Telstra Mail/BigPond account is 133933 and they'll be able to guide you further. I hope this can be resolved for you soon. 

Lis_88

Hi Timmy,

Why everyone keep missing the point here? The same happened in the chat and over the phone. WE DO NOT HAVE A TELSTRA/BIGPOND ACCOUNT. We are a business with a large database with over 10,000 bigpond emails. Around 10% of them are not receiving our newsletters because of error IB607 and IB007.

Is there anyone that can help with this, whitelisting our IP address? I keep getting transferred from one department to the other.

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Our Platinum team may be able to assist further https://tel.st/87nfc. They can be reached on 13 75 87

- Tim 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now