CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
lanceathome
Level 1: Cadet

Bigpond email with Windows Live

Answered

HI

Today I opened an additional email account, my primary account is ??????@bigpond.net.au and the new account is ?????@bigpond.com which states "Bigpond email with windows Live". I have tried for many hours to setup this account not only in Outlook 2010 but also Windows live. (Note it was part of the Windows 2012 Essentials package).

I am able to log onto the Bigpond website and view all the introdcutory email already received in that account, but I cannot receive them in either Outlook or Windows Live. (Yet I can still receive emails from ??????@bigpond.net.au even if it appears in both Outlook and Windows Live)  I have tried all the settings for every possible setup with and without the (????@bigpond.net.au attached) but still could not view my emails. I have registered my details in Live.com I have signed up for a Microsoft Account and still nothing.

Help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Bigpond email with Windows Live

Try setting up your accounts through Outlook.com.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Try setting up your accounts through Outlook.com.

Sig 2

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

Looksa like we were able to steer you in the right direction then Lance.

Sig 2Thumbs

User00111
Level 1: Cadet

no that doesn't work. Outlook.com won't accept my @bigpond.com email address as it is "a reserved domain". How do I make my email work on LiveMail I am at the end of my tether trying to make it work!!!!

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now