Highlighted
tatski
Level 2: Rookie

Bulk deleting form webamail 20,000+ emails!

HI,

How can you bulk delete emails from webmail insted of 20 at a time? After the telstra email switch all of my old emails are coming through from 3 years ago to my mac mail and I really dont have the time to delete them individually!

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
10 REPLIES 10
MangDumeng
Level 9: Captain

Re: Bulk deleting form webamail 20,000+ emails!

unfortunately there's no other option but to delete the emails page by page

JellyM
Level 4: Private Eye

Hi there, @tatski. Kindly try loggin in to webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin and use the same e-mail address and password. On the website, you would see an option to "MANAGE"  the inbox. Press it, and on the new page, there's the list of your folders. Beside the word inbox, there should be a small button in there. If you click it, it would wipe out all the contents of your inbox and would move it to the Deleted folder. Do the same for the deleted folder to permanently delete them. 

Again, this is for MASS DELETION. There won't be any selections of what e-mails are saved after you do this.

I am a Telstra Employee but participate in the forum on my own time, my opinions are my own and don't necessarily represent my employer.
tatski

Hi @JellyM thank you for your reply and info. Unfortunately the old login now takes you to the new webmail and there is no such MANAGE button to speak of?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Telstra Mail will allow you to delete up to 50 emails at a time and currently there is no way to increase this. 

The reason for the back log of emails is because your email program did not delete the copy from the server once it downloaded the email. You may wish to check the advanced settings within your email program so that the copy on the server is deleted after a week and/or when deleted to prevent this from being an issue in future.

I apologise for the inconvenience that this has caused you.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

enzed77
Level 1: Cadet

There is no advanced settings on current bigpond just settings and they are useless. Why can't we just right click on inbox and delete all????????????????

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey enzed77,

As Shellock mentioned, you can delete up to 50 emails at a time and there is currently to way to increase this. We may change this in future as we continue work to improve Telstra Mail.

-Georgie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

cb5875

i keep getting emails to say my mail box is full and over the limit, but i have 20000 plus too, and 50 at a time is a very slow process, and by the time i delete a huge bulk they are back again. must be a quick way to delete all, as i dont use this email much

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

It sounds like you are still on the original mail server. Did you try the link that JellyM provided? If you do not want to delete the entire folder, you can set the page to display up to 200 emails at a time.

To prevent this from re-occurring, make sure that your email program is set to delete the copy on the server after a set period of time and move any emails that you wish to save on the server into a personalised folder.

- Shelly

tommygee

I too want to delete MORE than 50 emails at a time. Even when I click to delete 50 emails and then move on to delete the next 50.... it ends up taking me halfway down the page and not the next immediate 50 emails. Deleting emails has become very tedious and frustrating...... I am not happy or satisfied with this at all.

SK33

I agree, cannot use TELSTRA Webmail because I'm not deleting 50 emails at a time out of thousands. What a basic error for a billion dollar company.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now