CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
cca555
Level 1: Cadet

Bulk deleting

Answered

Anyone else having issues trying to delete a batch of emails? Every time I try to delete a heap of emails in one go I always wind up on the 'technical failure' page and with over 600 emails there is no way I am deleting them all one by one! I have already tried technical support and got no where. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Bulk deleting

Hi Davey,

In settings choose the option to display 200 emails per page. This will then allow you to delete 200 emails at a time.

To prevent this from needing to be done again, make sure you enable options within your email app/program to delete the copy from the server.

- Shelly

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
51 REPLIES 51
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi cca555,

This has been a known issue with the My Connect platform for some time. You should be able to access your account via http://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin where you will be able to delete up to 200 emails at a time.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

JandJ

me to > it is frustrating when I ring on line help and they are not familiar with Windows 8 (funny)
pprass

I can only delete 10 at a time.  How do you delete 200 at a time?

I either need to delete all the emails on the WebMail server, or mark them all as read, because they keep re-loading onto my Tablet and my mobile phone - a real problem!

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

If your email address is on the BigPond mail server (has not been moved to Windows Live or Outlook.com) then you login using the old login link that Shelly provided and you can delete 200 emails at a time. This login takes you to an older view of our webmail service that had more emails displayed on each page.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

amr79
Level 2: Rookie

Go to the old view for email log in as suggested  http://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin. You will see an option beside MY MAILBOX (under the 'Check Email' button) [manage] click the option.

A list of all your folders will appear.

There is no option to delete your INBOX but there is a little folder? or something beside it. Click that you will be asked to confirm you want to Empty the folder.

Once you have emptied the folder all the INBOX mail will be shifted to the deleted folder which you can then permanently empty

This worked for in excess of 5000 emails for me.

Good luck....

mooie27

Hi l have tried to log in to the web page shelly suggested for bulk deleting but my password won't work.What should l do?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi mooie27, the teams on 133 933 or via our 24x7 Live Chat Service can help with a password reset if required. (For privacy reasons we can't request or provide account details via posts on these forums).   

CathyG

Thanks Shelly, I have over 9000 emails in my deleted box it has now been "Deleting" for over 20 minutes is that normal?
CathyG

What Shelly has told me to do to delete emails in my inbox, sent, spams, deleted etc., has worked.  However my deleted items which has over 9000 is taking along time (Over 20 mins) is that going to work?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi CathyG,

I would suggest refreshing/reloading your browser and seeing if it has completed.

- Shelly

Julie2014

The link provided for bulk email deleting from bigpond webmail no longer works. Can you please post a new one as I have 1600 to delete!.

Thanks Julie

parky56

Click on first message, scroll down page, at last message, press shift key at same time as left click on mouse, they will then be highlighted, go to delete, click, then, go to trash, repeat procedure, all messages should then be deleted.

Julie2014

I can only select  10 at a time on this site?

ozchic

wish i could help - I have 2120 emails to delete - if I find and answer I'll let you know too, thx Ozchic
edgos5

when deleting emails it gets to a stage where can't delete any more. A message comes up saying there was an error processing?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi edgos5, 

Are you using the alternative login to delete your email?

When you log in you can customise the amount of email messages which are displayed per page.

• Click on the My Settings tab at the top of the page, a new page will load,

• Click on the General Preferences link, a new page will load, 

• Halfway down is an option to select the amount of Messages per Page you wish to see.

• Select the amount you wish per page and click on the Save button.

When you get back to your main page by clicking on the My Mail Box, tab at the top of  the page, you should see the amount of messages per page that you selected.

To mass delete emails, click on the box next to From, in the From column, to select all emails.  If there are some you do not wish deleted un-tick them individually from the list.

Hope this helps.

- Ben

poppajim

Why doesn't Telstra just fix the problem with deleting emails by returning to the old webmail. it is completely ridiculous that I cannot delete any email. Where has the old delete button gone. Please fix this problem. why is it that new and improved always means we have busted it and can't be bothered fixing it. None of the fixes mentioned work.

adamhovey

Thank you amr79, you just saved me alot of time!

Mokasinga

Thankyou. Fantastic directions. What a time saver. Instead of having to painstakingly go through ten emails at a time I could delete 200. So instead of hitting the delete button 600 times I only had to 30 times. Yep I had 6 thousand plus emails. Biggest of thankyous for such clear instructions 😄
DaveyPH

Want to totally clear my webmail - not 10 at a time - too long for 4,100 entries

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Hi Davey,

In settings choose the option to display 200 emails per page. This will then allow you to delete 200 emails at a time.

To prevent this from needing to be done again, make sure you enable options within your email app/program to delete the copy from the server.

- Shelly

Tracy63

Hi there

Thanks for the tips on bulk deleting BUT I can't just bulk delete as I need to see what I'm deleting first, so as not to delete something I still need. I would like to SORT e.g. by sender so that I can quickly delete from specific pople but everytime I do this there is a Technical Failure, this is the same when I try to search as well. Thankyou in advance

JenniferJulian

Hi Bigpond,

I have tried to log into the "old" bigpond screen referred to above (several times) and it does not accept my password.  In fact in the new log in screen I have to enter and re-enter my username and password many times (exactly the same every time) before it eventually logs in.   I too want to delete bulk emails from my account and wish to access the "old" screen so I can delete 200 at a time.

?? Regards Jennifer

JulesF1

Regarding the "Empty  folder" option written by amr79.

You are a vertible legend.

You have saved me so much time.

Love it.

Love you.

Thank you so much :-)

roddy1

This worked for me too thank you!! I had over 6300 emails!!!!
9743keith

I have lots of emails dating back about 2 years .Have closed and opened bigpond and they still won't delete only way I have been deleting is block at a time . Can you advise me how I can get rid of them.

smg1

Hi,

I have successfully deleted over 4000 (!) emails from the telstra webmail but I can't seem to find a way to delete/close the account. Any help, guys?

evasolo

I was encouraged to see Bigpond had changed it's homepage to Telstra Media and for a while and I was able to bulk delete - but it soon reverted to its old tricks and error messages for bulk deletes. There's obviously a bug in the system soemwhere and it's been there for years now - so why don't they do anything about it - that's what I'd like to know.

I'm only keeping my Bigpond email for sentimental reasons because I was one of the early Bigpond customers and I've been able to hang on to my original email address which just has my first name and middle and last name initials. But it tries my patience sorely sometimes!

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Guys,

Sorry for the late reply!

9743Keith - Posts above have some helpful tips on how to bulk delete but failing this, give us a call. We do have a way to fully clear an inbox for you.

Smg1 - I don't believe you can close/delete your email address online. If you call on 133933 or speak to LiveChat:  http://tel.st/gq6m and they can see if this can be done for you. Main emails associated to your BigPond service cannot be deleted however.

Evasolo - Have you tried using your email on the link provided above? (https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin) This is usually a handy alternative to use when MyConnect doesn't work correctly. 

Brodie

DJC65

Thank you for your help as all 5000+ emails have been deleted from my old email inbox but they are still there when I go to the new Telstra Big pond mail box.  What do I need to do to delete them?  I have followed your instructions and has worked well in the old log in email box.

Hold on never mind, seemed to take its time but when you go to the "get new" it will refresh the inbox and ... wala!!!  They are all gone.

Thank you again.

Spmob

How do I delete bulk emails? I have logged in to 'old login' but it still only lists 10 at a time.

Spmob

Oh it's OK - I see I need to change the sttings first. Thanks

hadenough2

yes - SAME HERE I am so feed up with Telstra.......I will search other options today....this problem returns on a regular basis and Telstra either cannot handle the matter or simply do not give a fig......

DutchShoe

Follow AMR79 instructions. No need to delete 200 at the times. This would take ages if you have several 1000s of emails.

Shaz_uae

Yes, this is a pathetic service by bigpond.  I have thousands in my account!!!!  mostly spam as their filters are rubbish.  

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Shaz_uae

I believe I am also responding to your posts in Facebook. 

Kind Regards 

timavard

I can still only delete 50 emails at one time  can someone talk me through how to delete the wholw lot I have thousands to delete and it will take me forever...Come on Big Pond there has to be an easier way  Help please...

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Timavard, 

While bulk deletion may be added at a later date, at the moment this is not possible. Therefore, to delete them, you will have to do so at the rate of 50 at a time, I'm sorry. 

Kind Regards 

Robtup1

how can I delete deleted emails

Support Team
Support Team

Hey Robtup1,

Once you have the selected emails moved over to the 'Trash' folder, then navigate and highlight the 'Trash' folder and click the trash can in this section. It will as if you do wish to remove all files from the 'Trash' folder. Select 'Yes' and they will be gone for good. 

Michaelloxton

I can't login to the old email page. In fact it logs in and then says there is a system error. 

Last week i renewed my computer. The computer shop uploaded all my passwords etc for my email account. Now I seem to be getting emails from over a year ago uploading onto my computer. It is chewing away at my data and I can't get it to stop downloading them. The same on my iPhone and iPad email links. 

I rang the computer shop and they said it was a BigPond issue and nothing they had done. It seems too much of a coincidence. 

Argghhhhhh what do I do?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Michaelloxton, 

Over the last few month Telstra has been migrating all mailboxes across to a new web mail platform and we no longer use the MyConnect platform.  Can I get you to try accessing your web mail by using the following link and let us know how you go.

email.telstra.com

Jedley

This is ridiculous. Surely it isnt hard to have a "select all" or "delete all" option?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Jedley, 

Take a look at the following thread, it provides some instruction on how to use the 'select all' option in the new web mail platform. 

Bulk-deletion-of-emails

Ticley70

I'm having the completely opposite problem - after viewing my emails they are disappearing automatically - even the important ones! I now have to quickly transfer anything important into a folder.  I managed to fix this problem on my ipad and it thankfully doesn't happen on my iphone, so at lease I have them there. Anyone else have this problem? After spending 2 hours on the phone to Telstra, they had no idea why this was happening and couldn'y help me.   Anyone???

@cca555 wrote:

Anyone else having issues trying to delete a batch of emails? Every time I try to delete a heap of emails in one go I always wind up on the 'technical failure' page and with over 600 emails there is no way I am deleting them all one by one! I have already tried technical support and got no where. Any suggestions?

@cca555 wrote:

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Ticley70,

I would suggest making sure that all of the devices you have your email configured on is set to not delete of remove the emails from server when downloaded or deleted and set to the IMAP settings. https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/imap-pop-and-smtp-information-for-manual-em...

If the settings are correct in the devices then you could test by only using webmail in a browser to access emails and see if they still disappear from the inbox.

- AlistairQWA

Desperateagan

Yes unfortunately it is 2017 & I am having same problem & have asked how to do from Telstra with no rewply time & time again.

Verdiazul

samichon

Tried that. It won’t even open the link ...

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now