Highlighted
Fisharcher
Level 2: Rookie

Bulk deletion of emails

The old login page used to gain access to bulk delete emails now comes up with an unrecognised error and to try again later which of course makes no difference if you try later or next week....How do we now remove bulk emails?

cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
17 REPLIES 17
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Bulk deletion of emails

As in the old webedge or myconnect system?

Can you access them via the newer platform via http://email.telstra.com ?

if so you can just to a bulk delete via clicking on the top checkbox 

checkbox.png

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Fisharcher

Hi mate,

thanks for the reply, this is the link I have used for years. In fact I found in the crowd support pages a long time back....Now doesn't work.

https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin

Fisharcher

Yep,

using the same new link you suggested but I don't have the option you have highlighted.... I can only see the ability to delete one by one and as I have 6,000 plus to get rid of, well you can guess.....

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Fisharcher,

The old login link should not work if your account has migrated to the Telstra Mail platform.

Do you see the same inbox screen as below or a different one?

If you see the same inbox you should have the tick box above the emails which will select the active emails in the inbox.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Fisharcher

Hi mate,
Don't have that screen either and as I am running off an iPad can't do a screen shot. I confirm I am on email.telstra.com but it appears to be a simpler version than that of the screen shots provided. I might have to have a live chat with a rep.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Just tested on a mobile or 2 and it looks like there is no select all option even if the mobile browser requests the desktop site. 

If you configure the email into the mail app you will be able to mark all to delete. On a desktop browser you will be able to from webmail. 

I will pass this onto our email team to see if the select all on the mobile web version can be an option in a future update.

- AlistairQWA

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Fisharcher

Thanks for the follow up. I am so glad it has now been identified as an opportunity for improvement.

Cheers to all for your help.

Regards,

Fisharcher

Have you tried requesting the desktop site

Browser_Desktop-Site.PNG

MM11
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Yastriande

I tried that tip of yours, clicking the square box, however it selects ALL emails!!!  I only want to delete the old dtuff from 2+ years ago. ANy tips for selecting bulk by date???

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi MM1, 

When  you're logged into webmail it will display emails by order of the time they arrived, newest on the top of the list, oldest at the bottom, by default.  Look at the Date column and you'll see a little blue arrow pointing down.  Click on this arrow and  the screen will go blank for a few seconds and then you'll notice that the blue arrow is now pointing up (fig1) and you'll see the oldest email sitting at the top of the list.  

fig 1.

Follow Yastriande's instructions on how to bulk deleted your emails, oldest first.  If you see an email you don't want deleted just un-tick it selecting the delete option.

Tulip21

how can i delete more than 40 emails at a time

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Currently, there is no way to increase the number of emails that you delete at one time. If you are using an email program to manage your emails, I would recommend selecting the option to delete the copy from the server after a set period if you are using a POP server. 

Alternatively, if you are using an email program with IMAP configuration, you can delete the emails from your device and the webmail will update to reflect those changes.

- Shelly

badass

delete "icon" gone missing how do I retrieve it thanks
Support Team
Support Team

Hi guys, 

If you're still having issues with deleting emails please chat to our team here  http://tel.st/gq6m and we can look into this for you in more detail. 

susy01

Hi its Susy, Finally I found the way to delete emails. Whew.

Hilight emails by going to the   From  part of the email, click in the top box above the emails where all your emails are highlighted and then look across where it says new emails, search in box and then O with v inside More along side that click on More and a dropdown says Reply all, Forward, Delete and More. Click on Delete and Wella. its done.

Wow just so so happy, Susy.

jekenny

Hi want to know can i delete most of emails because it stopping getting new emails help please

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi jekenny, 

Are you wanting to delete email from the webmail platform or from an email program sitting on one of your devices?

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now