CrowdSupport®
Inspector
Level 5: Eagle Eye

CHANGING FROM IMAP BACK TO POP3 NEW THUNDERBIRD 68

I have been connected to Bigpond for my emails through IMAP, the emails being inspected by Mailwasher Free prior to be downloaded form the Telstra server with Thunderbird 60.9 as my email client. For those who are unaware, Mailwasher allows you look at the emails at the Telstra server and one can delete unwanted emails before downloading to your email client. Recently, due to computer issues I have downloaded the new Thundebird 68 (it appears that access to earlier versions has been stopped).  As a result of synchronisation in the new version, emails bypass Mailwasher and appear in my Inbox as soon as Thunderbird is opened.  A suggestion has been made to revert from IMAP back to POP3,  I have created a new email account using the recommended procedure to set up a POP3 account but am having problems.  Whilst the email appears at the Telstra server and can be accessed by Mailwasher, when "Get Messages" is used to receive the emails,nothing is received and the following error meesage appears "imap.telstra.com" is not a IMAP4 server". 

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: CHANGING FROM IMAP BACK TO POP3 NEW THUNDERBIRD 68

Have you set up mailwasher to use pop.telstra.com as the inbox server?

Instead of using mailwasher you can configure Thunderbird to download the mail header.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now