Hamish413
Level 1: Cadet

Can receive but not send emails.

Answered

I cannot send emails with bigpond address on my iPad. It has been like this for ages. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Re: Can receive but not send emails.

Hey @Hamish413,

If you're having problems sending emails from your Bigpond/Telstra email address via an Apple device, you can confirm the settings are entered correctly at the following website: https://tel.st/dgbar

Alternatively, if you're having problems with setting up/changing the settings, our LiveChat team (https://tel.st/cfc6u) will be more than happy to assist you further.

Please keep us posted on how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Level 22: Superhuman

Is your outgoing server on the iPad set to use smpt.telstra.com
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager
Accepted Solution

Hey @Hamish413,

If you're having problems sending emails from your Bigpond/Telstra email address via an Apple device, you can confirm the settings are entered correctly at the following website: https://tel.st/dgbar

Alternatively, if you're having problems with setting up/changing the settings, our LiveChat team (https://tel.st/cfc6u) will be more than happy to assist you further.

Please keep us posted on how you go

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hamish413

1. I would like to talk to someone about my problem of bigpond not sending emails from my ipad.  I have gone through the suggestions on this forum, to no avail.
  2. It is still not working.  Would prefer to speak to a real person.
Hamish413

1. I would like to talk to someone about my problem of bigpond not sending emails from my ipad.  I have gone through the suggestions on this forum, to no avail.
  2. It is still not working.  Would prefer to speak to a real person.
  3. The "livechat team" where are you?????

You can call 13 22 00 to talk to someone about your email issue
For Official Support start a Secure Chat , try the Online Troubleshooter, Outage Check or Complaint.

Full Disclosure as part of Telstras Social Media Code.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

@Hamish413 

If you would like assistance with your iPad, we need to get a better idea of your current configuration.

- Can you provide some screen shots of the settings in the Mail app (with any username details blacked out for your privacy). Include any error messages that appear when you try to send an email.

- How is your iPad accessing the internet, via the home Wi-Fi or using a built-in SIM accessing the Mobile Network?

- If your iPad is connected through a different internet service, are you able to successfully send and receive?

Alternatively, you can contact the Live Chat Team via the Telstra 24x7 app on a phone or tablet or use this link. If you have a Telstra located nearby, they may also be able to help you with this if they have a Tech Bar. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Hamish413

"Cannot send mail

The connection to the outgoing server "smpt.bigpond.cpm" failed. Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured for mail accounts in Settings > accounts & passwords"

The above is the message displayed when try to send emails.

I have checked Settings, accounts and passwords :

Auto fill passwords is green

accounts;

Icloud drive on  photos on - Safari green, home green

Gmaill -  mail green, contacts green

Bigpond - mail green, notes green

smpt.bigpond.cpm: server green Use SSL green

SMTP. Telstra.com : on

Level 21: Augmented

It might be just typo, but since you repeat it, maybe not... It is supposed to be smpt.bigpond.com, not smpt.bigpond.cpm...

DISCLAIMER: I do not work for Telstra or any other ISP. I never did. I have wealth of practical knowledge in Computer Security and Forensic Computing. I have been in the field since 1985.

Likes (formerly Kudos) and solutions are appreciated!!!
The comments expressed by me reflect my user experience and personal opinion.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now