Highlighted
wyvern
Level 2: Rookie

Can't access mail in Bigpond Webmail

Answered

Hi,

I'm asking on behalf of a friend who has a bigpond account. She can login to My Bigpond to check usage stats but when she tries to access webmail, she gets the following message,

You can't complete that task here

To continue, you need to go to your organization's web site.

This happens using Firefox, IE and Chrome.

Is there a specific URL she needs to use?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Can't access mail in Bigpond Webmail

HI Wyvern

You can only change the password for your BigPond Email with Outlook.com (formerly Windows Live/Hotmail) via Telstra.  I am recommending that you change your password for logging into My BigPond / MyAccount this will then flow through to your email account.

Go to BigPond at bigpond.com

Click on the blue 'My BigPond' tab at the top right side of the home page.

Enter in your current username and password

Change your Password.

You can also access your email online by clicking on the webmail link this will take you into BigPond Email with windows live.

Note the new brand name is now BigPond email with Outlook.com. (formerly Windows Live/Hotmail).

If you are still having difficulty I suggest you have your password reset please visit bigpond.com/help/email and select 'Password reset'.

Let me know if this resolves the issue. 

Cheers

Maxine

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
53 REPLIES 53
Level 21: Augmented

Hi Wyvern,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

Common issue at the moment not 100% on the fix but you should still be able to log into their mail directly via login.live.com correct? Try to customise their password to have at least 8 characters, Capital, lowercase, number and possibly a symbol.
Lathania

Hi Lathania,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, trying to login to login.live.com returns the same error as does trying to change the password from there. Is there anything else that can be done? She's been trying for nearly a month now and it's driving her a bit batty.

Cheers,

Wyvern.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Wyvern,

I might be able to help with this one Smiley Happy

I'll need to grab some details about the email address, so i'll send you an online form to fill in and we can start working on getting this fixed.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

HI Wyvern

You can only change the password for your BigPond Email with Outlook.com (formerly Windows Live/Hotmail) via Telstra.  I am recommending that you change your password for logging into My BigPond / MyAccount this will then flow through to your email account.

Go to BigPond at bigpond.com

Click on the blue 'My BigPond' tab at the top right side of the home page.

Enter in your current username and password

Change your Password.

You can also access your email online by clicking on the webmail link this will take you into BigPond Email with windows live.

Note the new brand name is now BigPond email with Outlook.com. (formerly Windows Live/Hotmail).

If you are still having difficulty I suggest you have your password reset please visit bigpond.com/help/email and select 'Password reset'.

Let me know if this resolves the issue. 

Cheers

Maxine

wyvern

Hi Maxine,

That worked! She can access her webmail again.

Thank you so very much from the both of us.

Cheers,

Wyvern.

wyvern

Hi Brodie,

I managed to get it all sorted based off the instructions offered by Maxine (post under yours).

Thanks for the offer though. It's all much appreciated.

Cheers,

Wyvern.

coupy73
Level 1: Cadet

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem.

I've tried resetting my password as mentioned above with little success. Please can you help!!

Coupy

INNEEDOFHELPP

Hi

I have been trying to log on to my Bigpond email account and it keeps directing me to outlook and then I need to verify using a code that they send to my email but I can't access my email at all so how am I suppose to verify it..?

All I want is easy access to my own email to do important work that I have to do.

Thanks

Support Team
Support Team

Heya all,

We do have some information surrounding the trending issues with email at this time via:

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/BigPond-Email-with-Outlook-com/...

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

dankazi

Can't access mail in Bigpond Webmail

zvk888

Telstra BigPond mail is all too hard. How can an organisation like Telstra run such a poor mail service. Not happy.
zvk888

I'm no tech dummy. It's just not working. Simple is good.
zvk888

Doesn't work either.
Support Team
Support Team

Hi zvk888,

I've flagged this post so our Technical Support Team can have a look in the morning.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi zvk888,

We are aware of some current issues where customers are unable to log in via http://telstra.com.au but are able to log in directly via https://live.com. This only applies to mailboxes hosted on Outlook.com. If you are not sure which platform your mailbox is hosted on, you can log into: http://www.telstra.com/emailservercheck

- Shelly

Deana

Hi

I am still having problems logging into Webmail...... why.   I can't access via Outlook (or live.com).

This has now become urgent as I need to print documents.

<snip>@bigpond.com  [Edited to remove personal detail]

Regards

Deana Fry

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Deana,

Can you try using this alternative log in link:

https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin

- Ben 

BarryCracker

Also having trouble accessing emails, tried to access through the "old login" page, but returns saying that the email or password is incorrect.
Logging in through the webmail links on the Telstra page, I can log in but get error messages, and can't send, receive or save draft emails.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Barry,

If you're having issues with that login page, it might be best to give us a call on 133933, we can try resetting the password for you and see if that helps.

Brodie

sga

This is crap this website can't delete any message useless Telstra get your act together or I am gonna change you haven't got a patch on Optus 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey sga,

Did you try using the login above? It should allow you to delete the emails.

Brodie

Masa1

Hi cannot sign in since last night  to Telstra bigpond web mail takes the e-mail address but not the password tried a new passwoed but no good I use it every day help pleasethank you

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Can you try the following login links and advise the error message that is received?  Have you tired using a different web browser program?

https://webmail.bigpond.com/webedge/do/oldlogin & https://messaging.bigpond.com/inbox.do

- Shelly

marathon

Thanks Ben.Your alternative log in link worked for me.

PromoLife

Hi there

Since i change my password yesterday from "MY ACCOUNT", i can only access my webmail by logging in there.

However i can't seem to access my email from my iphone anymore, even after i have used the new password..

Can't also access via webmail directly from the Telstra news page. The only access is via the "MY ACCOUNT" then when successfully in can open the webmail.

What i need is to access the emails from my iphone too which have stop working. Please help.

craig1313

hi im having the same issues logging in to webmail

j07

I have bee unable to access my emails for weeks. I had to go into settings and sync emails which worked for a while but now I get nothing.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi J07

Is this because your email account may have been migrated to the Telstra Mail account? If this is the case, we should have notified you via email prior to now, but you can also check your email account to see if it is in the process or has been migrated, via the link https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/telstra-mail/moving-to-telstra-mailtm-and-how-it-e...

Important changes to some Telstra email services 

If this is not the cause of your email issues, please speak with our Technical Support team (24x7) either by calling 133933 or via Live Chat  http://tel.st/gq6m

Kind Regards 

Jenny15

HI guys,

I cannot access my email account, its full and I need to get in and delete emails to start recieving them again.

when I log in I get emails that only go as far as April 2016 and I am unable to delete anything from here.

I recieve email on my ipad and I delete them from there but they dont delete on my bigpond account.

I have another log in for bigpond that has previously worked, but now the password will not work for it, but continues to work for the old email account. Im frustrated by this situation and need help to resolve it.

thank you

Support Team
Support Team

Hi Jenny15.

Within the email settings of the iPad, make sure you have selected the correct "delete from server" setting for your preference. I think you have the choice of "when deleted from trash" or "when deleted from inbox".

Have you deleted emails up to where you are able to do so through the web portal, and seen if older ones then appear?

Jenny15

Thank you,

I will try this when I get home.

but

I still cannot log into BIgpond to delete the congestion in my email account.

interesting I can log in here, but cannot get to my email account.

Support Team
Support Team

Do you use the same log in here and for your My Account or Bigpond Email? The two may not be linked, and may not be able to be linked, if so.

TCaban

I fail to see how this issue was "resolved", when the replies are stating something about how to reset the password.

I also have a similiar issue, that I cannot display my webmail either. I get a blank page, with three grey swuares in teh middle of the page, and the tab name is simply "Webmail". I am using FireFox, latest version 48.0.

When Will Telstra fix their servers so that people can use what ever browser they want to view their emails?

Support Team
Support Team

Hi TCaban, 

Do you get the same issue when trying Google Chrome? 

reginaldcollis

I am in Longreach and cannot get online to access my web mail,ok this morning but not since, why ?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi ReginaldCollis

Welcome to Crowd Support Smiley Happy 

To have your email issues checked and hopefully resolved, please check in with our 24x7 Technical Support Team by calling 133933 and they can check what is going on. 

Kind Regards 

razzadas1

I have to agree, i have had 3 lengthy chat support sessions with Telstra trying to get  a login portal for Telstra Mail - Webmail, but to no avail.

I think it is a bit of a laugh seeing Telstra is a major provider and reeping in heaps of dollars, but leaving their account holders in the dark.

Everytime i try to find the login portal, i click on their webmail login tab and each time i get directed to a home page, i have told the chat sessionn this, they tell me to go to telstramail.com, but i get redirected to a home page, BAH HUM -BUG.

I think the best way out is for every account holder is to change to Optus, or another provider to get the best result.

Wake up TELSTRA ?????. 

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi razzadas1,

Welcome to CrowdSupport

Sorry to hear that you have not been provided the portal log in details for Telstra Web Mail, the information below can be found under "Accessing your email with Webmail" at the following link: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/manage/how-to-use-webmail

Webmail is our online email portal that provides you access to your Telstra email, calendar and contacts that are linked to your email account. You can view Webmail in most internet browsers such as Internet Explorer, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. For the best Webmail experience, please make sure you upgrade your browser to the latest version. 

To log in you will need your username (your username is normally your email address) and password.

Portal log in: https://signon.telstra.com.au/login?goto=http%3A%2F%2Femail.telstra.com%3A443%2F

Emma25

hi i cannot get my webmail what is wrong with it?

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Emma25

We are aware of the issue that some of our customers are experiencing when trying to access Webmail and we’re working to resolve the issue ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

In the meantime, it's still possible to access your emails through programs like Windows or Apple Mail or other email clients like Outlook or email apps on Mobile devices. 

Kind Regards 

grannyhels

I can log in successfully.  I can see all the new emails listed in the usual way.  When I click on them they appear as though they are going to open but all they do is transfer me to what looks like an email but it has no text whatsoever in the body of the email.  I can open the attachment if there is one but there is no way I can see any actual message or pictures.  It's a total pain for me so far.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi grannyhels, 

Which web browser are you using to access your email?

Are you able to try a different web browser and see if this makes a difference?

grannyhels

Hi Kenobi and thank you so much for your reply.  I use Internet Explorer 11 and no, I didn't try another browser. 

Since my initial query I am now able to click on the email and view the message on my laptop however I am unable to on my mobile phone which is a problem for me as I am going away for a couple of weeks and don't want to have to take laptop in order to access emails. 

I've typed in Google things like "bigpond webmail login" to see if there is a new web address I should be using but each time I login it just brings up 3 squares and doesn't progress.  I tried again this morning but just saw the 3 squares again.  I've even tried on another mobile phone and the same thing happens.

Kind regards

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm glad to hear it's now working on your laptop.

My recommendation would be to get an email app for your mobile phone and set it up to manage your email.  This would be much easier than trying to navigate webmail on your mobile phone's web browser.

You can find the instructions and settings needed to set up your mail app here: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/category/email/set-up/set-up-telstra-mail-on-your-device

grannyhels

Thanks for the advice Kenobi.  I'm really not techno savvy at all and it's all getting away from me!  I will definitely give that a try though.

rayandpam

worst email page ever. cant delete read emails, slow, and unfriendly to dumb users like me. all from our largest telco. will do anything to be done with telstra when contract over.    

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi rayandpam,

Sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the email interface.

Once you have read an email, you should be able to tick the box alongside and select delete from the top menu bar. 

Please let me know if it does not allow you to do this. 

- Jarred

sfc123

"the request took longer and timed out" error occurs every time I try to log into webmail.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

The link that should be used to check your emails currently is https://email.telstra.com.

Can you confirm that this is the link that you are trying to use to access webmail and if you have cleared your browser cache.

- Shelly

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now