CrowdSupport®
Level 1: Cadet

Can't send Bigpond emails on my PC

I have had Bigpond as a Pop3 account on my Windows 10 PC for 4  years. Four days ago it refused to send emails but I received them. Got an error message saying check server or talk to my internet provider. My email on my mobile and my tablet are working, send and receive.

I checked the settings against the Telstra Website. I also chatted with Telstra but my email isn't blocked and they can't help.

So I deleted my antiquated Pop3 account and used IMAP. Hooray, it worked. 

Until this morning when it won't work. Have rebooted wifi modem (NBN) and the PC.

Error says "
Task '(this is myemail) - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'
"

Have searched for answers, have tried repair, and alternative settings, no joy. 

Can anyone help please??

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Can't send Bigpond emails on my PC

Hey @Andos16, thanks for reaching out. Can I please confirm, have you tried clearing your cache and cookies in your browser settings and restarting your device? When you spoke with tech support what has been advised? Tanasha

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Yes I have tried cleaning my browser cache and cookies. Telstra support said it wasn't their issue and could put me through to Platinum who would charge me. Have now called in my local tech guy so will let you know what he says!

Highlighted

Hope this may help others in future. I had a VPN with Avast which was causing the problem. Turned off VPN and mail working again. Telstra, you should add this to your knowledge base......Thank you.

Highlighted

Yep, turned off my vpn and was able to send emails.  That is going to be a pain each time!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit