CrowdSupport®
TMOC
Level 1: Cadet

Cannot send E-Mails from Outlook 365 Client

Answered

Hi all,

This may be a repeat of earlier ones - sorry for that.

I cannot send e-mail through any of my Telstra e-mail addresses using my MS Outlook 365 program.  I have a combination of "bigpond.net.au" and "bigpond.com" e-mail addresses, and nothing works.

I have checked and nothing has been switched over to Outlook.com.  I have set up details according to the Telstra site for Bigpond accounts (mail .bigpond.com, etc).

When I try my connection settings, I keep getting this message:

"Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).  The server responded: 554 nschwcmgw05p BigPond Outbound [OB105. Connection r"

My "bigpond.net.au" account has always had problems sending mail with attachments of a reasonable size (anything over a few hundred k's gets a delivery error), however now nothing is working.  I have tried sending e-mail from my "bigpond.net.au" and two "bigpond.com" addresses.

Is everything OK with the network, or is there something I need to change?

Thanks

TMOC.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot send E-Mails from Outlook 365 Client

Glad to hear TMOC! Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
PondSC
Level 2: Rookie

Call 133933 for tech support. They may need to escalate this issue.

TMOC

Thanks,

I saw the thread on SpamHaus and the XBL list.  I looked it up to see that my IP address was on the list becasue my Outlook security settings were not good enough.

I changed them and things seem to be OK.

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)
Accepted Solution

Glad to hear TMOC! Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

View solution in original post

Rossco88

I just upgraded to Win8 & 365.

Now can't send emails with Outlook

Spent 3 hours on Telstra support hotline but no success. In e end he downloaded & installed Mozilla Thunderbird.

This is a real pain - I need to get back to Outlook.

Someone really needs to fix this

HELP.

Thanks

Rossco88

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hi Rossco99,

There shouldn't be a reason why Office 365 wouldn't work with Windows 8.

Please fill in this contact form so that we can contact you and resolve www.telstra.com/business/tsuitequestion

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

pelipump

I just talked to Bigpond - they advise cannot set up BigPond email system on Office/Outlook 365 - you have to download/install Outlook 13 or previous to do so. Bummer to both MS and BigPond for no info on websites to tell you/warn you about that before you install the nasty 365 - it's obtuse and difficult even after getting used to Windows 8.1 and Office 13!

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit