Highlighted
rherber1
Level 5: Eagle Eye

Deleted emails restored from Mailwasher Recycle bin are directed to Junk folder in Webmail account

Answered

Mailwasher is a nice little program for filtering email before downloading from the ISP mail server. Sometimes a wanted email can be inadvertently deleted to the Recycle bin in Mailwasher - but it can easily be restored so that it is re-sent from the mail server to Inbox. Yesterday, I needed to restore a deleted email from the Recycle bin and even though MW reported that this was successful, it could not be seen in the Inbox when a check for new mail was conducted. I then logged on to my Webmail account and found that the restored email was sitting in the Junk folder. Only by dragging it to the Webmail Inbox was I then able to retrieve it to my computer using Mailwasher. For some reason emails which are restored after being deleted in Mailwasher are being directed to the Junk folder in my Telstra Mail account instead of the Inbox. I even tried sending myself a TEST email which I then deleted in MW and then restored it. Again, this TEST email was found in the Junk folder. Webmail settings do not allow adding your own email address to the safe senders list - but this should not be necessary anyway. Surely, a restored email should be treated the same as any other new email especially one that is sent from the account holders address. Can anyone explain what is happening?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rherber1
Accepted Solution

Re: Deleted emails restored from Mailwasher Recycle bin are directed to Junk folder in Webmail ac...

Thanks to Kenobi who was able to have the junk filter settings for my account altered to correct this anomaly - all working OK now. Thanks.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
2 REPLIES 2
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Re: Deleted emails restored from Mailwasher Recycle bin are directed to Junk folder in Webmail ac...

Hi rherber1, 

We'll need to gather some information in order to investigate this.  I've sent you a private message.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

rherber1
Accepted Solution

Thanks to Kenobi who was able to have the junk filter settings for my account altered to correct this anomaly - all working OK now. Thanks.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now