CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
PamH1
Level 1: Cadet

Deleted emails return every day

Answered

I access emails predominantly via my iPhone as my computer is old and slow. Since BigPond moved me to the new server some months back I cannot seem to delete emails.

Previously I had set the emails to delete once I emptied the bin, now I do that and I can expect at least thirty of my old emails to download if i check my emails again that day. This is incredibly frustrating. They will also return if I unsubscribe from an unsolicited email list. The returned emails can date back up to a fortnight.

As I'm on the new server I can no longer access the webmail page to delete them (as I read in someone else's question). I have been into settings and checked and the emails are set to delete after one day. I would really like to check my emails more than once a day and less hurriedly as I have to get out before the system checks for new emails and then downloads thirty or forty old ones. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Deleted emails return every day

When you delete a message on the iPhone if the account is set up as an Imap account you have to allow time for it to sync with the server. You can force the account to sync  by taping on the mailbox screen and dragging down.

Other things to check is that

Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars > Email Account Name > Advanced > Move discarded Messages is ticked and

Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars > Email Account Name > Advanced >Deleted Mailbox  only rubbish is ticked

Refresh email.PNG

If it is set up as a POP account  as well as make sure account has time to synchronise ensure that  "Delete from mail server"  is set to "When removed from inbox"

Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars > Email Account Name > Advanced > Delete From Server.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Level 21: Augmented

You can access your webmail via your "My Account".

I had to delete emails from there, mine to kept on re-appearing after deletion.

^ Alternatively you can go to http://email.telstra.com

I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Accepted Solution

When you delete a message on the iPhone if the account is set up as an Imap account you have to allow time for it to sync with the server. You can force the account to sync  by taping on the mailbox screen and dragging down.

Other things to check is that

Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars > Email Account Name > Advanced > Move discarded Messages is ticked and

Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars > Email Account Name > Advanced >Deleted Mailbox  only rubbish is ticked

Refresh email.PNG

If it is set up as a POP account  as well as make sure account has time to synchronise ensure that  "Delete from mail server"  is set to "When removed from inbox"

Settings > Mai, Contacts, Calendars > Email Account Name > Advanced > Delete From Server.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now