CrowdSupport®
Willy2002
Level 1: Cadet

Deleted emails

All my emails from March 19 to yesterday morning just dissapeared from all my devices and server. Have made 5 or 6 calls all with different answers but all saying my fault, not so I did nothing but log on and log off. All emails were there at 10.30 yesterday morning, by 11.30 nothing left (including the ones which came in earlier in the morning) except from March 19 , 2018 back. All devices are on imap, my computer actually lost all emails. I am at my wits end this has never happened before, they tried to get me to pay for premium service to teach me how to backup emails I wouldnt do it its not the issue here.
Has anybody else had the same or similar please, I am worried it could happen at any time.
Thanks

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Level 24: Supreme Being
Level 24: Supreme Being

Re: Deleted emails

Do you have the account setup as IMAP on Outlook at all. I suspect that would be the culprit
I am a Premium Services Support Consultant (Telstra Platinum, Telstra Smart Home, Locator/Device Locator and Neto POS). However, I am not an official representative on CrowdSupport.

IT Helpdesk and Technicial Support by Telstra Platinum
Smart Home Automation & Monitoring from Telstra
Helping Australians Find the Things that Matter Most with Telstra Locator
Run a Modern Retail Business with Neto Point of Sale
Willy2002

Hi on my computer is windows mail not sure on my tablet and phone they were just the apps on them samsung galaxy tab and oppo phone
Level 25: The Singularity
Level 25: The Singularity

You may be able to:

Go to C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft and then right click on the Windows Live Mail folder and choose 'restore previous versions'. Then choose the most recent date to restore to and click restore. After restoring to a previous date, you can always restore back to a future date.

You would then need to make sure that you move all the mail to a safe folder as it may delete them again when it synchronises.

Never be afraid to back yourself when trying new things, just always make sure you have 3 escape routes if things go wrong.
Willy2002

Thank you I have just tried putting back to 26/12/2018 but it would not work still nothing there.

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now