CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Janine1965
Level 1: Cadet

Deleting emails off the server once deleted via my iPad

Answered
I read most of my bigpond emails via my iPad, and only keep those I want to refer to later. When I log onto my email account on my PC, they are all still sitting in my Inbox. How can I ensure once I have deleted emails via my iPad, that they are removed from my Inbox on my PC email account as well?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Re: Deleting emails off the server once deleted via my iPad

Janin, not sure about the ipad email setup, but as an example using a windows PC running with Office outlook email program in settings you can adjust things, and this is the same on my Android smartphone, where it asks if you want emails deleted from the server when deleted, yes or no.

I also vet all email through a program called 'Mailwasher Pro', which sorts out all the spam prior to mail going to outlook and it never gets downloaded from the sever in the first place, just as some extra useless info for you or others reading this.

Have a poke around in settings and see if something like that exists in the ipad email setup.

Sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
6 REPLIES 6
Level 23: Superhero
Accepted Solution

Janin, not sure about the ipad email setup, but as an example using a windows PC running with Office outlook email program in settings you can adjust things, and this is the same on my Android smartphone, where it asks if you want emails deleted from the server when deleted, yes or no.

I also vet all email through a program called 'Mailwasher Pro', which sorts out all the spam prior to mail going to outlook and it never gets downloaded from the sever in the first place, just as some extra useless info for you or others reading this.

Have a poke around in settings and see if something like that exists in the ipad email setup.

Sig

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated Image and video hosting by TinyPic
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution The Ghoust Writers: STUDYING ABROAD

NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

View solution in original post

jrbywaters

no it not ipad its on my lap top
jrbywaters

I had an upgrade yesterday and since them I can not find the delete button could please eplain why it cant be found thanks

Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hello jrbywaters,

All information on telstra mail can be found via https://www.telstra.com.au/content/dam/tcom/personal/support/pdf/email/telstra-mail-webmail-user-gui...

- Simone

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

GuyKevMe

I discovered that even though you Think you have deleted your read emails, you havent! Telstra keeps them! 

Some years ago I moved to Bigpond eMail because I thought it was safer, turns out it was a big mistake. For a period of about 6 years I had used Bigpond eMail happily. Telstra advised that they were changing our service from POP to IMAP, fine no problem. The day came and I did my cut over, my PC coms went nuts for a couple of hours, this was puzzling so I opened my tracker to see why so much traffic... seems I was getting data, a lot of data. I panicked a bit and cutmy internet and did some investigation, I had, I discovered recieved a couple of gig of emails. My email package stored them away in a deleted email folder, on opening this folder I found emails from more than 6 years ago, containing passwords, communications with my doctors, my banks, my office, all sorts of stuff I had believed was deleted.

I contacted Telstra, basically they said stiff! We keep everything, nevermind just your name and address. Not only do Telstra Keep everything it is now stored in America, England, India, the Philippines and I suspect a copy here as well for good measure. Not a very safe practice. 

I made lots of investigations seems no one cares about privacy at all, particularly our govt.

Regards

KG

Support Team
Support Team

Hi GuyKevMe,

Thanks for reaching out, we can appreciate your concern in regard to the storage of your data. We can assure you our customer's privacy is of utmost importance. More information in regard to customer information is available via: https://www.telstra.com.au/privacy/privacy-statement.

Hope this helps.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now