CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Gibbo2787
Level 2: Rookie

Email blocking

Answered

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me as i am about to go insane, Im just about at wits end.

I have noticed that Bigpond has recently been blocking some of my emails coming through to me. And to be entirely honest i can not figure out why.

I have contacted Telstra support multiple times with little to no insight on the problem. The first lady i talked about white/black listing and it went right over her head, i asked to speak to someone else which i was placed on hold for 25 mins with no transfer, ended up giving up.

I called back another couple of times and spoke to 2 different people, one wanted to remote access my computer, in which i didn't see how that was a viable solution i declined and the other gave me a ticket number rather promptly and i am still yet to hear back from them.

I have tested this same email server out with my other gmail account and can receive the emails fine. The bad thing is i can not change my personal information, such as email address on this site without receiving a confirmation email to my bigpond account.

The information i can give you regarding the origins of these emails (pulled from the received gmail account) are as follows:

IP: 199.167.137.237

email: no_reply@wex.nz

A few other people on this site are encountering the same issues except of course the Gmail users. And perhaps others. I also know hotmail seems to be blocking these emails as well.

Wex.nz was only created recently as far as i am aware. It is a cryptocurrency exchange which was created out of the ashes of a site known as www.btc-e.com. I have several thousand dollars on the exchange and without being able to receive emails to my bigpond account it is as good as gone.

I have emailed the exchange also, still waiting for a reply but expecting them to point the finger at my email provider as others are working fine.

I have also checked the IP and domain name on a couple blacklisting sites and I can't find anywhere it is blacklisted.

I just need to get one email through, thats all!

Hope someone out there can help!

Thank You all in advance!

Gibbo2787

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gibbo2787
Accepted Solution

Re: Email blocking

**update**

This issue has been resolved.

Finally tech support, let the said emails through.

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Gibbo2787
Accepted Solution

Re: Email blocking

**update**

This issue has been resolved.

Finally tech support, let the said emails through.

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App and direct debit ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more

Avoid queueing up and never worry about late fees againSet up direct debit

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now