CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
Level 2: Rookie

Email non delivery status notification

Answered

tried to send email to trusted person whom I communicate with regularly but received message as follows

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.     

Delivery to the following recipients failed permanently: (email address given)

What does this mean...  and why would it happen

Cheers

Struggling Senior user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Re: Email non delivery status notification

Hi Brodie,

By some mystery all of my friends telstra services went offline last week.  That is why my and others emails received that funny delivery notification. She only became aware of problem when her daughter visited her to see if she was ok as she had been unable to raise her mum via the phone.

It has taken until yesterday despite many frustrating phone calls for the problem to be resolved. Not a happy 'Jan'.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers Jenny

Struggling Senior user

View solution in original post

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Hillbrook, 

Does this error only occur with  the 1 email address? Are you able to send to that email address by an alternate email address?

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted

Hi Brodie, so far only one email address that being .........@bigpond.com.  Have sent email via a social group but no answer yet as to whether they are having general email receiving or sending problems.

Hillbrook2

Struggling Senior user
Highlighted
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

Hey Hillbrook2,

If this only occurs when sending to the one email address the issue may be with that address. The owner of that address may need to check over the account to make sure it is still functioning Smiley Happy

Brodie

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Hi Brodie,

By some mystery all of my friends telstra services went offline last week.  That is why my and others emails received that funny delivery notification. She only became aware of problem when her daughter visited her to see if she was ok as she had been unable to raise her mum via the phone.

It has taken until yesterday despite many frustrating phone calls for the problem to be resolved. Not a happy 'Jan'.

Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers Jenny

Struggling Senior user

View solution in original post

Set it & forget it

With direct debit there’s no need to give paying your bill another thought.

Avoid queuing up and never worry about late fees again.

Setup direct debit