Bugsy1
Level 1: Cadet

Email not working on devices and app

Hi,

hope someone can help. Have made several calls to Telstra but not having much success.

I have three email mailboxes on my account. One of them was compromised and account was suspended. Telstra reactivated the account and password was changed (on a different device to ensure it wasn’t impacted by malware or spyware). The following day the account was compromised again. Today Telstra reactivated and then I closed the email address to be sure.

My accounts are all working now but I can only access them on webmail. I can also log into my Telstra account no problem. However, if I try to use the email account on any email client on any device it doesn’t work. It doesn’t matter whether it is a phone, tablet or desktop computer. It will only work on a web browser. It says the password is wrong and won’t verify it. I have the same problem with the Telstra 24x7 app. It says the password is incorrect (even though it isn’t). Tried deleting accounts on devices and starting again but that doesn’t work either.

Before I pay for Telstra Platinum support I’m hoping someone might have an idea. Turned firewall off in case that was the problem and also tried using phone on 4G instead of wi-fi but it didn’t help.

Appreciate any assistance.

Cheers

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Email not working on devices and app

Hi Bugsy, I appreciate the time taken to contact us and hope you've been able to get the access problem sorted out since posting. While we can't access accounts directly on these forums, we can certainly help have this followed up if you can provide further details of your affected services via the secure link at https://tel.st/3h3xr and reply here with the 'SR-1' case number you receive once submitted. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Bugsy6
Level 1: Cadet

Hi Greg,

thanks for your help. All sorted. Passwords were all reset by Telstra and that fixed the problem.

Cheers

Support Team
Support Team

Fantastic to hear. Appreciate your patience. Please let us know if there's anything else you need. - Matthew.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Download now
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now