CrowdSupport®
CraigL
Level 1: Cadet

Email server connection problem

Two days ago my primary email address started getting send & receive errors saying there was a problem with the username or password.  I have reset the password, removed and reinstalled the email account both on my PC and iPad yet the error continues.

In my latest attempt to add a new email account I get the error message "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available click Next  to attempt using an unencrypted connection.

After clicking Next I get the "Problem Connecting to Server" message?

I have run virus scans and numerous re-boots and nothing is fixing the problem and I cant contact Telstra by phone due to weather created problems in NSW.

What doesn't make sense is there are no problems with my secondary email address on either PC or iPad or using the primary address and password to log onto My Account on Telstra web sit.

ANY IDEAS????

PS: I'm using Outlook 2010

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
1 REPLY 1
Level 23: Superhero

Re: Email server connection problem

Please see https://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Bigpond-Email-Inc-Windows-Live/Problems-with-sending-or-recei...

It's a national outage.

Once this is resolved, ensure your settings exactly match what is shown at http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/Set-Up/BigPond-settings-for-POP-IMAP-and-SMTP/ta-p/398464
If you've found a solution then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance to you please remember to let me know by clicking on the LIKE button.

Please note: I am not a Telstra employee and any posts or opinions are entirely my own and don't reflect any official company position.

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now