CrowdSupport®
Ava8
Level 2: Rookie

Email suspended

Hi all. Email has been suspended for no known reason. Trying to get it reactivated is extremely frustrating.

Spent 3 hours on the phone to Telstra yesterday to 3 different people. I was told an order had to be sent through to suspended it (it’s already suspended) then they can reactivate it. This will take 24hours. I then received a phone call today to say it has been suspended (I know) and they would need 24 to 48 hours to reactivate it! . I asked to speak to a supervisor and they said someone would call me back in 24 to 48 hours.

Meanwhile Iv had no email for 3 days now.

Extremely frustrating. Any ideas appreciated.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
13 REPLIES 13
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Email suspended

Hi Ava.

This sounds like a pretty frustrating situation. Has this now been resolved or is this still an issue for you?

-Kieran

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Ava8

Still no emails. Can not access emails from phone or iPad. I can now log into web mail and receive mail.

i have  been told the bigpond server is down. Phone call to tech support on Saturday morning assured me they were doing everything to fix it. Still not resolved Monday night.

Support Team
Support Team

Appreciate the update, Ava8; also your patience in this. Can you send from webmail or only receive? - Matthew. 

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

Ava8

I can send and receive webmail. I cannot access emails on phone or iPad. I get message. IMAP.telstra is not responding.

6 days now and no solution. I have phoned tech help and been told the server is down and everyone is having this problem. 

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Did they provide a reference number on any of these calls? If you have one starting with SR please advise and we will use this to try track down the person you spoke with to follow up.

- Ryan

Ava8

Reference INT 1-2176511755248

spoken to 5 different people in the last week. This is the only reference I have.

Support Team
Support Team

OK thank you. Have you received a 'get back in touch' email after the last chat you had with us? If so, there should be a 'call me back' icon in the email. If you click this between 8am-9pm our team will try to call you within 45 minutes to follow up. Sometimes this email can go to spam/junk folders, but have a look and if this is there give it a go.

- Ryan

Ava8

I have received am email but it does not have a call back icon. 

Support Team
Support Team

OK, what is in this email? If you could send me a screenshot of it here (with any of your personal info blurred out to ensure your privacy) we will see if there are any details in it that we can use to have this followed up.

- Ryan

Ava8

New phone call from telstra saying that the server is down and there is no timeframe for when it wii be fixed. 

Support Team
Support Team

OK, thank you for your reply Ava8. We appreciate your patience while our team works to restore, looking forward to having this all resolved for you.

- Ryan

jonesy3
Level 1: Cadet

I have the same problem,my email account that I have held for about 30 years has been suspendended & they cant tell me why,As I travel extensively I use this account for all my financial transactions and for bills and reminders.Telstra said 3 days ago that they would look into this.Still nothing!!Not good enough Telstra.

Ava8

Yes it is very frustrating. They are now telling me that the Telstra IMAP server is down and there is no date when it will be fixed.

Terrible service from Telstra 

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now