CrowdSupport®
Highlighted
twopinkears
Level 2: Rookie

Email

Answered

I am using Windows 10 outlook but for some reason my mail is going to telstra webmail and I would prefer it to remain at outlook because I have 48 folders and a lot of contacts to move if I had to use Telstra webmail.How can t stop my mail going to Telstra webmail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 24: Supreme Being
Accepted Solution

Re: Email

Your Email should got to your outlook email client and Telstra Web mail. Telstra Web mail is only a means of looking at the mail stored on the Telstra server. When some one sends you a email it goe directly to the inbox on the Telstra server were it is stored. The email then gets downloaded to the email client on your device when the email client next synchronizes with the server

If you are using windows mail on the PC and are using IMAP by default Windows mail only synchronizes the last 30 days. To synchronize all the emails open Windows mail.
Click on settings
Click on Manage Accounts
Click on your Bigpond Email Account
Click on Sync Settings
Make sure Download Email is set to download from any time.

Was this helpful?

• Yes it was, thank you
  • No, I still need help
3 REPLIES 3
Accepted Solution

Your Email should got to your outlook email client and Telstra Web mail. Telstra Web mail is only a means of looking at the mail stored on the Telstra server. When some one sends you a email it goe directly to the inbox on the Telstra server were it is stored. The email then gets downloaded to the email client on your device when the email client next synchronizes with the server

If you are using windows mail on the PC and are using IMAP by default Windows mail only synchronizes the last 30 days. To synchronize all the emails open Windows mail.
Click on settings
Click on Manage Accounts
Click on your Bigpond Email Account
Click on Sync Settings
Make sure Download Email is set to download from any time.

twopinkears
Level 2: Rookie

done still not fixed. I want my emails to go to my Outlook server only .
Thank you.
Telstra (Retired)
Telstra (Retired)

BigPond mailboxes haven't been hosted on http://tel.st/vg4gg servers for several years now. If you are wanting your Outlook account to "get" your BigPond Mail, you will need to log into http://tel.st/5udjy to configure the settings. This is not something that we can organise for you.

Please see the following links for information on this:

http://tel.st/6k98k

Following the above instructions, you may need information found here.

Need help? Check out our Community Wiki or Support Portal || Looking for a new mobile? Order online today || Get help with any Tech at Home with Telstra Platinum || Don't forget to tag answers as Accepted Solutions and give a Like to the member(s) who helped you out.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Telstra Smart Modem

Plug in and connect in minutes. Smart.

Find out more
Find out more about the Telstra 24x7 App ×
Manage your services and take advantage of offers while you’re out and about with the Telstra 24x7® App Find out more
Earn points on our new rewards program and enjoy tier benefits like discounted movie tickets and moreFind out more

Need a hand or want to share your expertise?
Register for CrowdSupport and get involved

Register now